SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Venice offshore

Follow the birds!!!!! 3 days ago I got bored and at a little after 3:oo in the afternoon I told Jo-ann I was going out back fishing. Launched the bay boat and found some birds in Bay Adams. By 5:30 I was back with a dozen speckled trout to 17 inches. Also threw back 8 just under 12 inches. Nice living in the water. Life is Good!

The next day I decked for Eddie. As we were rolling to the bait spot Eddie sees some bait off to the side and with just a few casts we have more than enough bait than we will use all day.

As we are setting up one of the other captains shows us what a tuna looks like.

Was not long before we had our lines screaming. Although the fish were there the bite was not as good as we wanted and this rig is known for shutting down around 10:00. With one in the box we made a long run to a rig that held fish and being so far away we had it all to ourselves. This produced a few more fish.

No monsters but just the right size to give a good fight and good eats.

With 5 in the box and a mahi to add to the mix we made it into other waters to find some mangrove and red snapper. It was a one stop shopping spree and we had a nice box of fish when we hit the dock. We did not limit out with red snapper but as you can see we still put up an impressive spread. The biggest scamp grouper was 17 pounds.

Yesterday I guided on a private boat. This was a 1976 31 Bertram named Purdy Girl that was restored and is in great shape. Being a slower boat and a gas burner I did not want to make any long run so we never went more than 25 miles out. We made bait quickly and headed out to the targeted rig. The fish were there. Our problem was the sharks were there.

The tuna had a lot of compitition. We stuck it out and did manage to put a nice 70 pounder in the boat.

With the action slowing down we made a move to the bottom fishing grounds. I am sure the sharks followed us there.

We found a good amount of mangrove snapper and after at least 3 half fish we did manage to get our limit of red snapper in the boat. No pictures of the total catch because there was a line at the cleaning docks so I just found a spot to clean fish and dug in. All they wanted was one last picture of the fat boy that beat them up.

Made them decide to get out from the desk and get back into shape. While they were changing out I took the rod and without a belt gained quite a bit of line. The Captain said "and that's a 70 year old guy". Did not help their ego but did a lot for mine. It is not about the fitness but all in the way you do it.

All in all 3 good days in a row.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 06-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Great report as usual...im at south marsh island in 150 foot of water. Snapper and ling are thick....Pure torture without a rod.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

As always great report and nice haul capt!! My mouth is watering looking at them tuna!!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Thanks for the report !
Old 06-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Very nice capt....
Old 06-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

you do give the best reports! I always like it when I see you put one up, they are great!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Good job Capt.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

Thanks guys. Love putting up reports and sometimes shareing information. I always appreciate the feedback and comments.

Life is Good!