SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Another good day 3

I got a last minute call from Damon of Super Strike for an inshore trip. We met at the dock at 10 and sat till about 11 before we had a window to attempt to get out. We had 2 boats with 3 people each. The weather to our south was violent to say the least. We were limited as to where we could go but there was no problem with that. In our limited window was the place I had left them biting the day before. As luck would have it the ride across the bay was rough and drove us to another place just for a chance to fish. I caught a few rats and catfish while the other boat and I each managed one keeper.

We fished that area for over an hour trying to get shelter from the winds. The storms were still close and winds were up. I did loose 2 good fish. I gave the first hookup to the 80 year old gent on the boat and he could not use the fishing rod to help with the action. As he pointed the tip straight at the fish the fish was able to pull the hook. The second fish did the same with another guy. After a while the winds eased enough for us to go to the area I wanted and I was hoping the fish were still there. The other boat went past there and hit one of his honey holes.

I started getting a few fish and called the other boat to see how he was doing. He was struggling. It took a while but I talked him into coming over. Just after he pulled up he put 2 good ones in the boat. He now had 6 keepers but from there on he watched us add to our fish box.

When I had 18 fish I had him come right where I was literally. He still only had 6 fish. We passed things from boat to boat and I gave him 4 of the setups I was using. As I got my last 2 fish he started getting some action.

Once I got my last 2 fish I headed in. The other boat showed up at the dock a half hour later with his limit. He said the fish got very active when we left. I helped him a bit throwing the rest of my bait into the water before I left. 14 fish in a half hour made for very hot action. We already took our dock shot and had our fish cleaned so we could not put theirs with ours.

Wish I could have done that. His fish were bigger on average but he did not have a crab and 2 croakers.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM