SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
It has nothing to do with being a democrat or republican. I can show you areas of north Louisiana that describe everything you just wrote above. And they are staunch republicans.
Republican's on the life time free lunch express? RINO?

I have a brother in-law that says hes a Rep, but yet stands for everything the Dems propose. Rinos are the lowest form of life..........
I think he tells people hes a Republican only to save face, but hes all about trying to swindle people as well the government.

Needless to say the RINO brother in law is not welcome at my home.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Republican's on the life time free lunch express? RINO?

I have a brother in-law that says hes a Rep, but yet stands for everything the Dems propose. Rinos are the lowest form of life..........
I think he tells people hes a Republican only to save face, but hes all about trying to swindle people as well the government.

Needless to say the RINO brother in law is not welcome at my home.
Not all republicans are conservatives and not all democrats are liberals most republican politicians want to believe they are conservatives but a quick look at their voting history will tell you otherwise. They are all the same to me. They come in and tell you what you want to hear to get elected. And I really think some really want to change things but once they get in office they become complacent. I had big hopes for Bobby j in Louisiana. That didn't work out too well
Old 02-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Thanks for the input, although Im still not able to wrap my head around the whole democratic why of thinking.

The whole mind set of you reap what you sow and enjoying the fruits of your labor I was raised and I have lived by and done fairly good in my life. I feel this is my reward for being a productive member of society. Im actually one of those people that gets really uncomfortable when I am given a gift.

I understand that there are lazy people out there, and that is usually discouraged with "hey get your ARS up and do something" but I guess I have really never been around FULL time life style "TAKERS". Don't get me wrong, I have been around destitute people that need help, Haiti, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, But those people have not chosen that life, and indeed have absolutely zero opportunity of changing.

Im just not understanding why people in the greatest nation of the world with the most available to them to better their life ("poor" people in America have no clue what really being POOR is) have no ambition of making their life better and are 100% comfortable with relaying on someone else to provide for them.

I don't know...............
There are some things in life that you shouldn't bother with, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. One of those things is trying to understand why idiots think like they do.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:34 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

The tides and moods have shifted between parties I think.......I grew up with everyone around my family democrat......today they are republicans.

I think most people are socially liberal to a point......we want to help the under privilidged and those that simply cannot help themselves

Yet we are mostly finacially conservative......meaning we will only give money for so long.

the problem we all have is we are creating more takers than makers
Old 02-05-2016, 12:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
The tides and moods have shifted between parties I think.......I grew up with everyone around my family democrat......today they are republicans.

I think most people are socially liberal to a point......we want to help the under privilidged and those that simply cannot help themselves

Yet we are mostly finacially conservative......meaning we will only give money for so long.

the problem we all have is we are creating more takers than makers

I think you nailed it, "More Takers then Makers" that's good stuff.
But it's ok we can always just borrow more money from China ohh wait nope they maxed out there credit as well.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Flounder

Cash: 548

In 1887 Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh , had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior: "A democracy is always Temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent Form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until The time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous Gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority Always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from The public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally Collapse over loose fiscal policy, (which is) always followed by a Dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the Beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 Years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."The Obituary follows:

" United States of America ", Born 1776, Died 2016 It doesn't hurt to read this several times.
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning The last Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 Romney: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 Romney: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million Romney: 143 million Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
Obama: 13.2 Romney: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Romney won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low Income tenements and living off various forms of government Welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of Democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population Already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase..