SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 565
Default Need lodging and general info LC

I've been here a couple years but haven't posted much. We live in The Ozarks of extreme North Arkansas on the White River where freshwater trout fishing is king. We have spent a lot of time on the Lower Laguna Madre is waaaay south TX and really got into speck and red fishing. Trip down there is 950 miles for us so looking at LC area which is about 550 miles. Have made a fishing buddy down there but here is the cunundrum.

We want to run down for a few days in early August to check out LC. I'm familiar with flats fishing but want to get into some march trails as well as the flats. I will probably return there in Oct/Nov myself for some fishing and try to snag a place to stay for ten days or so during my wife's Christmas vacation from school. This will be my wife's last year teaching so we hope to spend 3-4 winter mos. in LC every winter starting in 2015.

I know regular rentals are not cheap but does anyone know of a decent place for 3-4 mos. that would be easy on the pocketbook. Would want to be around Hebert's I think where we have flats and marsh access. Hopefully I can figure that out in the couple/three short trips we have planned this year. Also, for the long stays would need a place that would acommdate our dog who is house broken and well behaved. She's an Aussie and would be out with us in the boat when we are fishing.

Anyway, just looking for some local help and my LC buddy will be on the lookout also.

Our boat is a 20 1/2' fiberglass jon with 42" floor. It runs a 15hp Merc 2 smoke, a Minn Kota Riptide (installed saltwater version just for LA) and a sissy bar on the front step up. I'm thinking it will make a nice rig for down LC way if we can stay in calm flats or protected marshes. Attached is a pic of what we call a White River Trout Boat that we guides use up this way.

Thanks for any help, don't hesitate to msg me or you can call (870) 373-eight five five eight. Derrall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trout Boat.jpg (163.1 KB, 105 views)