SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

saw a post on FB the other day from a typical liberal democrat talking about the state cutting higher education. She said that college should be free and it wouldn't hurt to cut higher ed .if it was free the only money the college would need is to pay the professors???
The real world is going to be a major shock to this one
Old 02-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
** I tried to put this in the political forum, but was unable to, so please don't move it there**

I may not be able to get a comprehensive answer to this question, being here in the south.

Why/what entices someone to be a Democrat ?

Im not being demeaning, sarcastic, un-respectful or any of that, I am in fact asking an honest want to know question, for I don't know. Why are 150,000,000 people democrats? what am I not understanding?

My wife and I were just talking about this last night "Why do people become democrats?" we both didn't have an answer

Any thoughts on this
Look at who they cater to - unions, trial lawyers, minorities, anyone on any type of gov. Assisstance including social security, women who are pro choice and young adults, that's gonna give you an overwhelming majority IMO
Old 02-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 893

IMHO there are primarily three reasons people are democrats:

1. They are receiving benefits for all types of things and the perception is that republicans will take that away which is not true ( which is another topic all together). Free housing, daycare, education, food stamps, welfare, phones, healthcare. etc. etc. etc. while many are working for cash on the side. When you add it all up they are making more than most of us.

2. They believe "rich" people are evil and have gotten their wealth from robbing the "poor" people. They see the democrats as the party that will get those rich people and make them pay their fair share.

3. They think everyone in society should have the same things. If someone has more than someone else they should have to split it with them. They see democrats as the party that is trying to equalize society.

there are probably alot of other reasons (some being racial i'm sure) but these are the main ones
Old 02-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Flounder

Cash: 617

I'm a libertarian so I wonder why someone would be a republican or a democrat.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Flounder

Cash: 566
Bounce Winner Winner!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOrtego View Post

^just my opinion, a parenting problem which turns into crappy adults, who then reproduce and then it SNOWBALLs
Ding, ding, ding....WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
Old 02-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
Please expand on this, being serious here.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
I'd like to say more people are libertarian than they would like to admit, but there's nothing wrong with admitting it. In fact, it's best that they did. Whenever I see someone chanting one side or the other, I sit and laugh because I know their candidate will never live up to what they preach to get elected.

https://www.lp.org/introduction/faq
Old 02-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Discussion over.... we have a winner.... get the man his chicken dinner.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

I read some but not all posts so sorry if I'm redundant. I think this is a great question and a complicated one at that. But I'll give simple reasons.... 1) anti-religion, 2) Lack of knowledge of true American history and understanding supply and demand, and capitalism, 3) they go thru life with child like mentality making decisions based on "feelings of fairness", 4) Are activist in one or more areas, drug legalization, environmental (pick your poison), abortion, sexual perversion (pick your poison). Basically much of it comes from #1 point. Then there are the freebies....too many to list and its already been done anyway. Sure is hard to run against santa claus
Old 02-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Flounder

Cash: 617
Default .

Quote:
Without getting in to a long political philosophy discussion: I'm fiscally conservative. We support certain ideas like flat tax, cut entitlements, etc... We believe the gov't should be scaled back, not expanded. We are what many would call liberal on social issues but it's really about personal freedom and not limiting that. Also: constitution, constitution, constitution.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:19 AM
Flounder

Cash: 548

This is an interesting discussion.
It seems to me that the root is that the human race is transcending the process of natural selection. The concept of personal responsibility is eroding (not sure if the relationship is causal)......the idiocracy is inevitable.

......and then of course there's always entropy.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Yep. The Left Wing and the Right Wing are part of the same bird
Old 02-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Yep. The Left Wing and the Right Wing are part of the same bird
This cartoon pretty much sums it all up. A lot of posturing and arguing.... but no one ever deals with the actual problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12573931_10153442829589141_2006480848268160106_n.jpg (41.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 02-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
This cartoon pretty much sums it all up. A lot of posturing and arguing.... but no one ever deals with the actual problem.
Hey man, how you been? You still around Polk?
Old 02-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Hey man, how you been? You still around Polk?
Indeed. Been very busy have not had much time to do much more than lurk around here.

Hope all is well with you, and everyone else over here in salty land.

P.s. made it through a half marathon a few weeks ago down in Baton Rouge... (lets not talk about pace)
Old 02-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Thanks for the input, although Im still not able to wrap my head around the whole democratic why of thinking.

The whole mind set of you reap what you sow and enjoying the fruits of your labor I was raised and I have lived by and done fairly good in my life. I feel this is my reward for being a productive member of society. Im actually one of those people that gets really uncomfortable when I am given a gift.

I understand that there are lazy people out there, and that is usually discouraged with "hey get your ARS up and do something" but I guess I have really never been around FULL time life style "TAKERS". Don't get me wrong, I have been around destitute people that need help, Haiti, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, But those people have not chosen that life, and indeed have absolutely zero opportunity of changing.

Im just not understanding why people in the greatest nation of the world with the most available to them to better their life ("poor" people in America have no clue what really being POOR is) have no ambition of making their life better and are 100% comfortable with relaying on someone else to provide for them.

I don't know...............
Old 02-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Redfish

Cash: 832

1. Poor parenting = kids without any basis for making real opinions thus "going with the flow". 2. Indoctrination. I'm a fairly new graduate who went to a small southern university and majored in wildlife and agriculture. I had many professors in all aspects of my schooling who were staunch liberals and fed at the government trough. They influenced their students, but most students are too stupid to know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Ling

Quote:
Thanks for the input, although Im still not able to wrap my head around the whole democratic why of thinking.

The whole mind set of you reap what you sow and enjoying the fruits of your labor I was raised and I have lived by and done fairly good in my life. I feel this is my reward for being a productive member of society. Im actually one of those people that gets really uncomfortable when I am given a gift.

I understand that there are lazy people out there, and that is usually discouraged with "hey get your ARS up and do something" but I guess I have really never been around FULL time life style "TAKERS". Don't get me wrong, I have been around destitute people that need help, Haiti, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, But those people have not chosen that life, and indeed have absolutely zero opportunity of changing.

Im just not understanding why people in the greatest nation of the world with the most available to them to better their life ("poor" people in America have no clue what really being POOR is) have no ambition of making their life better and are 100% comfortable with relaying on someone else to provide for them.

I don't know...............
It has nothing to do with being a democrat or republican. I can show you areas of north Louisiana that describe everything you just wrote above. And they are staunch republicans.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Indeed. Been very busy have not had much time to do much more than lurk around here.

Hope all is well with you, and everyone else over here in salty land.

P.s. made it through a half marathon a few weeks ago down in Baton Rouge... (lets not talk about pace)
I'm in deridder now. 45 minutes from the Bend
Old 02-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I'm in deridder now. 45 minutes from the Bend
Holler at me when you want to get after them white perch. Will take you out there and get you on them slabs!