SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
I'm coming Saturday afternoon to kick it and then fishing for a few days with Bruce Baugh
That should be a blast!
Old 02-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

That's amazing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2016, 09:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,559

That's awesome. Your taxidermist does good work. Seems like each one was positioned just right to bring out the characteristics of the animal. Crazy skull mount on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
That's awesome. Your taxidermist does good work. Seems like each one was positioned just right to bring out the characteristics of the animal. Crazy skull mount on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree I'm super pleased with the work

I've had a few guys do my taxidermy work two inside the US and one outside the US

By far the best work I've seen in the US is Woodburys Taxidermy in Texas . They take FOREVER to get stuff back and are pretty pricey but they are always perfect and they deliver my stuff to my front door .

My Taxidermist in Africa has worked at Woodburys years ago . Dougs work is absolutely the best I've ever seen , his studio is amazing . He also just opened a studio in Nevada ( since it's such a pain and so expensive to export mounted trophies from Africa now , it's easier to send the horns and capes / do em stateside) and has plans to open another studio in Texas . I had the pleasure last year of taking my Taxidermist from Africa hunting in west Texas
to shoot his first animal in the United States , it was very cool .

The skull mount on the floor is a freaky mangled similar horned oryx , normally the horns go straight up and slightly back . This one wraps almost forward . I like weird non typical stuff like that because they are so unique . I need to mount this one up high or out of the way because the horns come so far forward it can poke someone's eye out lol .

Now that I have them hanging I can really see how I want to mount future trophies and even be more selective when hunting if a certain animal has a better side and I need a "left turn " or "right turn"
Old 02-15-2016, 10:01 PM
Blue Marlin

http://www.woodburytaxidermy.com

http://www.splittingimagetaxidermy.co.za
Old 02-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:
I agree I'm super pleased with the work

I've had a few guys do my taxidermy work two inside the US and one outside the US

By far the best work I've seen in the US is Woodburys Taxidermy in Texas . They take FOREVER to get stuff back and are pretty pricey but they are always perfect and they deliver my stuff to my front door .

My Taxidermist in Africa has worked at Woodburys years ago . Dougs work is absolutely the best I've ever seen , his studio is amazing . He also just opened a studio in Nevada ( since it's such a pain and so expensive to export mounted trophies from Africa now , it's easier to send the horns and capes / do em stateside) and has plans to open another studio in Texas . I had the pleasure last year of taking my Taxidermist from Africa hunting in west Texas
to shoot his first animal in the United States , it was very cool .

The skull mount on the floor is a freaky mangled similar horned oryx , normally the horns go straight up and slightly back . This one wraps almost forward . I like weird non typical stuff like that because they are so unique . I need to mount this one up high or out of the way because the horns come so far forward it can poke someone's eye out lol .

Now that I have them hanging I can really see how I want to mount future trophies and even be more selective when hunting if a certain animal has a better side and I need a "left turn " or "right turn"
Seems like the better option is to bring the horns & capes stateside to mount rather than import an entire mount. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
Seems like the better option is to bring the horns & capes stateside to mount rather than import an entire mount. Thanks for the info.

It really depends there are a ton of terrible taxidermists in Africa . I spent a month over there so I had the ability to look at multiple studios before deciding on Splitting Image . I also had some special import permits for a few animals that had to be acquired so it made sense to have the mounting process begin while I waited for CITES permits .
Old 02-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Nice Collection Pox.

One question completely unrelated to it.

Why are your electrical receptacles in the baseboards?
Old 02-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Nice Collection Pox.

One question completely unrelated to it.

Why are your electrical receptacles in the baseboards?
I had different plans for that room , there was going to be cabinet along tgat back wall and those wires were going to be hidden in the toe kick area but decided against cabinets n didn't feeling like messing with it
Old 02-22-2016, 12:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
I had different plans for that room , there was going to be cabinet along tgat back wall and those wires were going to be hidden in the toe kick area but decided against cabinets n didn't feeling like messing with it

Gotcha, my first rent house outlets in the baseboards like that. It was a Royal PIA.