SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 618

For years I have heard people say "we need people other than life long politicians running for office". Trump did it. It is impossible to know what his poll numbers would be if the Republican establishment had not fought him so hard trying to maintain their power positions and the liberal media had not trashed him for a year. I am confident he would be in a much stronger position relative to public opinion had these powerful forces not been in play. I am sick of the status quo and glad to see someone from outside the political machines in the fight. I have not yet figured out why folks are scared of a Trump victory, are they scared of his frank talk? Hell, he is only saying what the rest of us who work for living say when having discussions that are not influenced by political correctness. #NEVERHILLARY
Old 07-27-2016, 08:18 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Bet yall anti-union folk like getting overtime after 40 hours though amirite
What is this overtime you speak of?
Old 07-27-2016, 09:20 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let um land View Post
I have been a union member for years, like most I pay my dues for job protection. That has become a joke in its self. Have not voted democrate ever. Guess where my vote is? Gunner, next time you in PI a pm before hand, you'll like the people you'll meet.
LUL

Sure Thing...Maybe going out of there this Sat. In my younger yrs.. I was head guide and part owner of a duck hunting club in PI for almost 7 yrs... I've hunted and fished out of PI for over 40 yrs.

So I know almost all the peps that were raised on the Island.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:57 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
What is this overtime you speak of?
It's what makes them oilfield hands that extra $ so they can buy f250s and truck nuts
Old 07-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
If you have a business, and the masses aren't buying your product, do you keep selling the same thing or do you change your product to sell more?
im going to go out on a limb here and say that trump may have a better idea on how to run a business.

hell this country was founded by business men.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
LUL

Sure Thing...Maybe going out of there this Sat. In my younger yrs.. I was head guide and part owner of a duck hunting club in PI for almost 7 yrs... I've hunted and fished out of PI for over 40 yrs.

So I know almost all the peps that were raised on the Island.
Dang! Biggun is big time.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

I personally do not think we will have to worry about the majority vote... It is the electoral college vote that I am worried about. Hillary bought off the Democratic party which has been apparent this week... if you think she has not already bought off the electoral college vote you're sadly mistaken. She started this years ago.

I have been for Trump sense the start of this and hope and pray he is our choice... Trump 2016...
Old 07-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visco View Post
I personally do not think we will have to worry about the majority vote... It is the electoral college vote that I am worried about. Hillary bought off the Democratic party which has been apparent this week... if you think she has not already bought off the electoral college vote you're sadly mistaken. She started this years ago.

I have been for Trump sense the start of this and hope and pray he is our choice... Trump 2016...
Yep there is a lot of crooked back door deals happening. Especially when a Clinton is involved.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Just like Obama, it'll be the young voters who's coming off of momma's tit and looking for a new one to latch to, that will vote her in office. Somewhere along the timeline of America, the chance to work hard and earn a great life was beat out by the promise of just enough free $h!+ to make life bearable. People just aren't buying what the Republicans have to sell anymore. Just wait until Hilary gets her chance to talk at the convention. It'll sound like the Oprah show. Free healthcare for you, and free college for you, and free $h!+ for everybody!
Exactly.... we have developed a society of people that are like animal waiting in a cage to be fed (free Sh$t).....they do not know the mean of hard work nor being independent...cannot think for themselves as they are lead around on a leash for their vote on a promise of more Free Stuff.....
Old 07-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visco View Post

Winner...Winner....Electoral vote is the only thing that will count at the end....
Old 07-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Let me see........"build a wall" (like Gingas Kahn) Exile all Moslems, Stop foreign trade, Increase taxes on the middle and upper classes, marry trophy women 1/2 your age, threaten to sue everyone who gets in ur way, ahhhh...
Old 07-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Guess some ppl dont pay much attention
Old 07-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrchip1 View Post
Let me see........"build a wall" (like Gingas Kahn) Exile all Moslems, Stop foreign trade, Increase taxes on the middle and upper classes, marry trophy women 1/2 your age, threaten to sue everyone who gets in ur way, ahhhh...
So you think Hillary is a better alternative to all that?
Old 07-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Ghengis Khan didn't build a wall. That was the Chinese. Don't exaclty remember which emperor. Our borders need to be secure no doubt. Muslims wont be exiled. Threats will be removed.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Quote:
www.google.com is your friend!!

It was the state Chu who first built the wall. It was during the Qin Dynasty that the kingdom of Qin united the different parts into one empire. To defend off the invasions from northern invaders, Emperor Qin Shi Huang had all the walls joined up. Thus, the Great Wall came into being.

http://www.chinatravellers.com/Artcle_Show.asp?id=167

Old 07-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post

It was the state Chu who first built the wall. It was during the Qin Dynasty that the kingdom of Qin united the different parts into one empire. To defend off the invasions from northern invaders, Emperor Qin Shi Huang had all the walls joined up. Thus, the Great Wall came into being.

Did they get the Monguls to pay for it??? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 07-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default Electoral College

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck Attack View Post
Winner...Winner....Electoral vote is the only thing that will count at the end....
Maybe a technicality, but the Electoral College is "required" to vote according to the vote totals in the individual states. Can the members of the EC vote differently than what the electors, i.e. the voters, voted? Technically I think the answer is yes, but it's never happened before.

Now what WILL probably happen is a whole $hitload of voter fraud because the damn courts keep ruling against voter ID requirements saying it is a form of voter suppression. Total BS. That's where they will steal the election thanks to groups like ACORN and it's successor organizations. And if we can't get immigration under control, the dem's will be guaranteed an impenetrable voting block for ever and ever.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,063
FlagUS trump

Quote:

my kind of man!!!!!
Old 07-27-2016, 05:31 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
And this right here, folks, is how we ended up with 8 years of the muslim. People just absolutely refuse to educate themselves.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:58 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post

Thank You. I couldn't remember all of that. The Monguls are a great peoppe. Beginning of our indians/native americans. Many crossed the frozen Bering Sea into what is now North America. Although Ghengis was a great warrior he was also greedy .and that lead to the end of his empire. Conquering the world matters not if you do not have the men to defend what you take. They will be coming back for it.