SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 01-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default here we go again

January 10, 2011
Print
Email to Friend

Six men were cited Dec. 27 for allegedly catching and keeping more than 60 fish over their daily limits while fishing near Fourchon.
LDWF Strike Force agents cited Eric R. Wood, 23, of Ethel; John M. Calhoun III, 22, of Zachary; Anthony M. Guidry, 32, of Larose; Tad M. Gaspard, 40, of Lockport; John M. Calhoun Jr., 46, of Greenwell Springs; and Ted Joseph Gaspard, 50, of Lockport; for possessing more than 10 red drum each.
Agents received a complaint from a confidential informant in reference to several subjects fishing from the bank near Flotation Canal located in Fourchon.
Agents arrived on scene to setup surveillance, and observed the subjects catching several red drum and placing the fish in a boat that was in the bed of a truck. After observing the subjects for more than an hour, agents approached the subjects to conduct a license and creel compliance check.
The six men were found to be in possession of 94 red drum ranging from 16 inches to 25 inches in length. Louisiana law allows five red drum per day per fisherman and 10 fish for the possession limit per fisherman.
Wood was issued an additional citation for fishing without a resident saltwater license. Calhoun III was issued additional citations for fishing without resident basic and saltwater licenses.
The six men also were issued civil restitution citations for the value of the red drum.
If convicted of the over limit of red drum, the men face fines between $400 and $950, or jail time up to 120 days, or both plus court cost.
Agents seized and donated the 94 red drum to the Larose/Cutoff Youth Center.
(This goes on all the time along the La1 corridor between leeville and grand isle. I and others have called OGT numerous times to report these violations and never got a response from LDWF.
I actually was sitting at a camp and called the ogt twice on the same violators an hour apart and waited over 4 hrs to see what would happen ? Nothing as no one ever responded. Why bother calling OGT if they don't respond?)
Old 01-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393

Thats just stupid! People like that ought to be put under the jail
Old 01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast View Post
Thats just stupid! People like that ought to be put under the jail

i agreee
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 600
Default Zero Tolerance

They should never be allowed to fish legally again and fined per fish not just a total sum. How hard is it to count and follow the law. Catch and release after your limit.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp20 View Post
They should never be allowed to fish legally again and fined per fish not just a total sum. How hard is it to count and follow the law. Catch and release after your limit.
i agree 1000% but one of the guys didnt even have a BASIC license! how can ya keep some jackass from fishing in the future if he never bothered to get a license to start with?

i think if they increased the fine for no license and each fish over the limit to some crazy amount like $500 PER FISH OVER THE LIMIT or 90 days in the clink PER FISH OVER THE LIMIT - and ENFORCE IT.., people wouldn't be so brazen about keeping more than their limit.

put the hammer down on them outlaws! we have limits for a reason!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

All I can say is pure jack a$$'s!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Swordfish

Like i said in the post .This goes on all the time down there . The thieves (which is what they are) know the odds are in their favor on not getting caught.
I have watched a group of 4 guys catching reds in a canal that we were fishing keeping every redfish they caught. my son and i each caught over 100 reds a day and one of those days only had 6 keepers. All 15" reds so i know that they were keeping ileagal fish .Called ogt gave them discription of the guys the truck and the location and got no response.
i have seen a PU truck bed full of bull reds leave that same area at 2 in the am.
The outlaw metality is still alive and well.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393

What the hell do they do with all the fish they catch? Are they selling it to resturaunts? it cant just be for them wanting to fill the freezer?Who can eat that much redfish. I dont understand it
Old 01-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Swordfish

Im sure it's being sold somewhere . There are a bunch of seafood mkts that have been busted allready for buying illeagley
Old 01-10-2011, 11:54 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

every time I get stopped by game wardens I always thank them, and tell them I'm glad to see them out there, I always get the same response "YEAH RIGHT"! but I do appreciate them being out checking liscense, and people's catch, i've been stopped twice this year, once in geohagen's canal and once in lil pigeon.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
i agree 1000% but one of the guys didnt even have a BASIC license! how can ya keep some jackass from fishing in the future if he never bothered to get a license to start with?

i think if they increased the fine for no license and each fish over the limit to some crazy amount like $500 PER FISH OVER THE LIMIT or 90 days in the clink PER FISH OVER THE LIMIT - and ENFORCE IT.., people wouldn't be so brazen about keeping more than their limit.

put the hammer down on them outlaws! we have limits for a reason!
You right! A lot of things need to be taken more seriously! I also think that if you steal something. Chop off a hand. If you RAPE someone you should be shot in the sweet spot then both knee caps and elbows and thrown into a sewer to rot.. just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Like i said in the post .This goes on all the time down there . The thieves (which is what they are) know the odds are in their favor on not getting caught.
I have watched a group of 4 guys catching reds in a canal that we were fishing keeping every redfish they caught. my son and i each caught over 100 reds a day and one of those days only had 6 keepers. All 15" reds so i know that they were keeping ileagal fish .Called ogt gave them discription of the guys the truck and the location and got no response.
i have seen a PU truck bed full of bull reds leave that same area at 2 in the am.
Thats awesome that you called to rat them out, but also not even surprising that no one did anything about it, which is pretty frikin sad, because if I we'd get caught with one fish over, you know our butts would be in trouble.

This country and all its laws, rules, and regulations are poorly reinforced, which is exactly why we have an infestation of outlaws. Thinking about it pisses me off!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I called in a gill net that I found slap full of dead fish in the Mississippi River when it flooded. I actually called them two days in a row and I am still waiting on them to call me back. That was two years ago!

They're a joke at best!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040
Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
You and I both know that this time of year down there is when the reds are like catching fish in a barrel in some spots. Lil bro Goathead was down there a couple weeks ago and the small rats were the issue he had. He and his son eventually caught a limit, but said he saw others keeping way more than they should and he's sure some were too small. A lot of people definitely take advantage of it unfortunately. We have been in that situation before catching nothing but rats, but we always trow em back. You gotta put in the time and weed out the small ones so you can keep some legal ones. You would think that being on the side of the road would be easy access for the enforcement agents to do their jobs. I know anytime they check me, I'm legal and let them know I appreciate their service no matter how they approach me.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

It's all about uneducated ****heads who fish one time and don't get caught.
Then they think they can get away with it all the time.
Serves them good to get caught. They need a wake up call.
Hopefully this will be their last time getting caught, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
It's all about uneducated ****heads who fish one time and don't get caught.
Then they think they can get away with it all the time.
Serves them good to get caught. They need a wake up call.
Hopefully this will be their last time getting caught, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I doubt it as they get a ticket and don't pay it .
If they would start seizing some vehicles and taking a few folks straight to jail it may make a few folks think a lil more b4 doing this stupid ****.