SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,645

Recent grad here of ULL in industrial technology with a minor in business and it wasn't bad major. It wasn't as intense as engineering but can still apply for a lot of the same jobs like project managers, drafting, safety, machining. You learn a little of everything I really enjoyed it and never had to stress to much about studying classes are pretty legit and easy to grasp a concept.

As far as women there are plenty women everywhere no matter which school and living around lafayette isn't too bad can find some decent apartments that will be furnished for not too bad. I'd say $500-700 maybe $800-900 at the most
Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

I say stay close to home, go to Ryan street high and have it easy there. Instead of spending all that time studying like you would at big schools, you can be huntin or fishin.

On another note, sowela probably has better drafting instructors than mcneese.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
I say stay close to home, go to Ryan street high and have it easy there. Instead of spending all that time studying like you would at big schools, you can be huntin or fishin.

On another note, sowela probably has better drafting instructors than mcneese.
I have to admit more hunting and fishing and less studying sounds good to me. I was trying to be the dad here.... LOL
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
If I remember correctly, a couple years back there was some interest among the wildlife management students to start a team. School denied because of insurance and the need to furnish a few team boats. If it has changed and there is one, that's awesome.

sammich
We were at our weigh in at buckeye in Toledo on Saturday and the entire mcneese bass team was there with some awesome jerseys. Must have been 8 or 10 of em. One I recognized as an employee of lake charles tackle.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Honestly, I enjoy Louisiana too much to leave. Hunting and Fishing. For my degree, I feel as if a smaller university would do just fine. I know several designers who went to MSU and make $$$. Odds of me getting a complete free ride to one of the major schools are slim to none. Honestly don't think I could stand being in a big city like Austin, just isn't my cup of tea.
The way I see it, aslong as I go get my 4 year degree, I have done well. UL > MSU due to me just wanting to leave LC and enjoy LAF.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Honestly, I enjoy Louisiana too much to leave. Hunting and Fishing. For my degree, I feel as if a smaller university would do just fine. I know several designers who went to MSU and make $$$. Odds of me getting a complete free ride to one of the major schools are slim to none. Honestly don't think I could stand being in a big city like Austin, just isn't my cup of tea.
The way I see it, aslong as I go get my 4 year degree, I have done well. UL > MSU due to me just wanting to leave LC and enjoy LAF.
Well there you have it, good luck. If you have to pay for school at a big school and be out of town v/s free and close to home who can blame you.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Texas as you know has a very large population of Louisiana folks, I have never ran into a single person from Louisiana that does not miss it, myself included.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Flounder

Cash: 822

Im graduating in Civil Engineering from UL this semester and have to say it is nice being able to make a trip fishing in the afternoon after class or a morning duck hunt before class. Its true there is women all over, but hit me up one night and Ill take you some places that will help you appreciate Laffy LOL!!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Lafayette is a great city and ULL is a good school depending on what you major in....
I graduated so long ago (1993 - Industrial Technology) it was USL at the time....

However, I am sure if go to ULL you will have fun and you are not too far from hunting and fishing spots.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticstar1187 View Post
Im graduating in Civil Engineering from UL this semester and have to say it is nice being able to make a trip fishing in the afternoon after class or a morning duck hunt before class. Its true there is women all over, but hit me up one night and Ill take you some places that will help you appreciate Laffy LOL!!
Good luck on your senior design presentation if you haven't presented already
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Their accounting department is not bad either, I have worked with some very smart professionals that went to ULL.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

I finished ULL in 2004 in Envirironmental and Sustainable Resources. I lived at home. It was kinda easy. If you live in Lagayette for a few years, chances are you will not come back. Lafayette is so much better than Lake Charles, in my opinion. More restaurants, nice bars downtown, and very friendly people. It'll be a fun experience. And of course, the food is top notch. No comparison to SW LA.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Their accounting department is not bad either, I have worked with some very smart professionals that went to ULL.
My wife finished at UL in accounting.....she actually got her first job out of college at Aruthur Anderson in Houston (I was living there when she graduated).
Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
I finished ULL in 2004 in Envirironmental and Sustainable Resources. I lived at home. It was kinda easy. If you live in Lagayette for a few years, chances are you will not come back. Lafayette is so much better than Lake Charles, in my opinion. More restaurants, nice bars downtown, and very friendly people. It'll be a fun experience. And of course, the food is top notch. No comparison to SW LA.
X10
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
My wife finished at UL in accounting.....she actually got her first job out of college at Aruthur Anderson in Houston (I was living there when she graduated).
I just hired someone from ULL in accounting earlier this year in our tax office. She has been a good hire.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
X10
Dang man you and Brady want to leave Sulphur. Sulphur is heaven compared to Houston.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Swordfish

I got a mechanical engineering degree from mcneese in 09. Small classes and a more personal teacher student relationship. Way better for actually learning something. Apposed to an auditorium listening to lecture on a loud speaker. Got a foot in the door job at a local plant and already have had great opportunities to move up. And still got Big lake 10 minutes away and sweetlake 30 minutes away. Can't beat it!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Entering A World of Pain

If I didn't have so much family in sulphur I'd be in Lafayette. I'm an industrial tech grad as well more jobs available as it centers mainly around the oilfield.

Lafayette sorta has a big/small town feel...great places to eat and good night life...hell festival going on right now is cool as hell
Old 05-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
If I didn't have so much family in sulphur I'd be in Lafayette. I'm an industrial tech grad as well more jobs available as it centers mainly around the oilfield.

Lafayette sorta has a big/small town feel...great places to eat and good night life...hell festival going on right now is cool as hell
We got contraband days! Lol
Old 05-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Closer to better saltwater fishing and not to far from some good duck huntin makes hard for me to leave as well