SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193
Default I Miss

We all have it.I miss fishing with my grandpaw.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,687

Roger that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124

I miss the energy of youth
Old 07-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

I miss my dad...Died when I was 12.....We fished and during hunting season he'd pick me up from school with the dogs to hunt rabbits....Spent many a nite in the swamp bull eyeing nutria....Many a deer killed with the old 22.....Before you condemm you did what you had to do to feed your family....I would give my right arm for one more nite in the swamp with him....
Old 07-16-2017, 03:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 947

I miss ... listening to my grandpaw working ducks as they circled. He may not have won a calling contest of today but he was a champion every time in my eyes as I stood on top of a bordens milk crate to see over the edge of the blind with my .410 H&R waiting for him to say " now " !!!

He usually played clean up after I missed with that ole Browning sweet sixteen. Wish I could hear it sing just one more time ...
Old 07-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Securing around the fire at the hunting camp. Back when the old timers would tell stories of their youth. Seems that we have lost the Greatest Generation at least in our club they have all passed. There was so much to be learned about the woods, hunting, and life in general. I am thankful for the time we all shared but now in the hustle and bustle of life I wish I could go back and get their opinion. I hope my kids get the opportunities to learn as I did and appreciate the time spent in camp...

Old 07-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Flounder

Cash: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Securing around the fire at the hunting camp. Back when the old timers would tell stories of their youth. Seems that we have lost the Greatest Generation at least in our club they have all passed. There was so much to be learned about the woods, hunting, and life in general. I am thankful for the time we all shared but now in the hustle and bustle of life I wish I could go back and get their opinion. I hope my kids get the opportunities to learn as I did and appreciate the time spent in camp...

X2

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2017, 02:14 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

The stories were great and just like us the bass or buck you didn't get always was a little bigger than ot probably was. Especially after a few drinks and hands of poker. Funny how when you're older you start seeing what you took for granted.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,142

I remember as a kid squirrel hunting in east Texas. A big fox squirrel ran across a big limb close to the tree tops. Six or seven cousins and uncles shooting and the bark flying. The squirrel fell out and everybody was saying i killed it.... When the squirrel was picked up only a lone bullet hole from a 22 lr. from my Dad's 22. My Dad just looked around because he had the only 22 that day.

I remember the day a guy was trying to sell my Dad a 22 auto for $25 dollars. We took it out on a old bridge and shot a box of 50 rounds pretty quick. My little brother and i thought it was neat because we had only shot Dad's 22 bolt gun. We were all out of ammo and Dad said I can't afford that gun. He said he payed $2 for the old Remington bolt action that he had... Those were the days.