SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I know my church, St. Teresa is doing drives for Christmas families. I can get you in touch with their office if you'd like.
Sounds like a winner to me Corey
Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 1,258

200.00 on the rod
Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,515

Awesome, thanks for the bid!

We'll close the bidding at 5PM today, so if anyone else wants to bid, now's the time!

Corey, please PM me their info and if you have any specifics about what they are doing, etc. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
If it's made to this side of the state, I'll also pitch in a turkey and fry it. I'll have Eman come help with the event! I know he loves to cook so, I know he'd be willing to help me with that. He'd even make a good Santa! Lol
Yep i like playing sandy claws and cooking.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Westerly neighbor

OK, it looks like we have a winner on the rod! Please send a PayPal to admin@saltycajun.com and a PM to Billystix about the rod. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Westerly neighbor

I received Jamie's money for the rod, so we are up to $525 now.

Corey - Would you mind getting me the options available at your church. I received your PM but I'm up in the mountains near Taos right now and my cell doesn't work and I can only occasionally get internet access. If you can get me a PayPal address for them, that would be awesome. If they don't have one, I can send you the PayPal and you can present them a check on behalf of SaltyCajun if you don't mind. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

From what they told me, they are much like many other churches. They have needs for families year-round. What Ms. Cybil told me is that they pretty much had all of their Christmas families tended to for the year but have an on-going food bank and services similar to that. From what she said, it sounds like unless we specifically asked for it to wait for the year, the funds would be distributed to families in need, beit diapers, food, clothing, etc.

I really have no bias in this matter. Whatever the folks here want to do is great by me. I will GLADLY take a check there tomorrow on behalf of the fine members of SaltyCajun! In regards to a Christmas family, I feel we waited too long this year for it to develop into what I feel could truly benefit any one family or perhaps more. That is at no one individual's fault. I'd love to be involved more in it next year, schedule permitting.

Shad, I'll leave it up to you and the other contributors for this cause as to what happens with the funds that have been raised. No matter what is done with it, I applaud everyone who contributed!

Shad, I'll PM you my number and you can let me know what you want to do.

I was reminded of a saying the other day; Give and you shall recieve. Thanks to everyone who contributed and to a great site owner Shadman and an equally great sponsor, BillyStix!

Thanks to All and Merry Christmas,
Corey Fisher
Old 12-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

[QUOTE=southern151;213322]From what they told me, they are much like many other churches. They have needs for families year-round. What Ms. Cybil told me is that they pretty much had all of their Christmas families tended to for the year but have an on-going food bank and services similar to that. From what she said, it sounds like unless we specifically asked for it to wait for the year, the funds would be distributed to families in need, beit diapers, food, clothing, etc.

Thats fine with me. The hole point was to help a family/familys in need
Old 12-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Westerly neighbor

Corey - I agree, I waited too long to get this going this year. Next time we'll kick it off earlier and directly help a couple families. I am perfectly happy with the funds going to your church since they were sponsoring families for Christmas and will continue to do so throughout the year. Please PM me your PayPal address and I'll send you the funds next time I can get online. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Blue Marlin

Here it is friends! I'm waiting on a call back from the church right now and will be heading down there as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks to everyone for participating in this! A special thanks goes out to Mr. BillyStix for his generous donation!

Hopefully next year we can put something together a little more individual family specified. This is still a wonderful gift that will help many through the Christmas season!

I am humbled and proud to be a part of this site!

saltycajuncheck.jpg
Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Way to go Corey and everyone involved. This is a GREAT thing you have done!

Extra thanks to BillyStix for the donation of what is sure to be a 1st class rod.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Blue Marlin

The check has been delivered and was graciously accepted by the director of the pantry dept at the church. She said the funds will go to provide food for families in need. She stated that monthly, there is an average of 200 people who come to the church for assistance with meals alone!

Even though we didn't get to target a specific family, I feel we did a great deed in the generosity shown by the members of our site!!!!!! You guys are great!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Westerly neighbor

Great job, everyone! Thanks for stepping forward with some very generous donations. This is what it's all about.

And thank you to Billy for the rod donation! You always come through for the cause, and it is much appreciated, bro!

Thanks for delivering the check, Corey! You da man! Next year we'll get this started in mid-November.