SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

where'd you guys buy your forklifts?? Its what you need to lift these over insulated ice chests full of cool pops...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

It does help to cool a yeti and the drinks before using if it's coming out of a hot storage shed or something... I don't cool mine. Couple case of pops and a 20lb bag of ice, will last several days.
Bought a 100qt Coleman extreme,$80-$100 can't remember. Used it once for a golf tourn, and once to haul some shrimp once. Stored in garage for 7months, took out last week, lid and upper wall is warped will not close completely... 65qt yeti going on 6yrs no problems
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,241

i have a yeti, 3 k2's and 2 coleman extremes... i will use the colemans 99% of the time. the yeti/k2 are just too bulky and heavy! one of my colemans is 150qt and 7 years old... still works like new and was bought for $50 from walmart. in my opinion the extra cost for a yeti/k2 is not justified. all first hand experience
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I keep a couple of 2 liter coke bottles in the freezer and thrown them in my Yeti the night before when I know I'll be using it during the summer time just to get rid of the oven temperature heat on the inside. Then I load it up with cold drinks and a couple bags of ice and it's good for a few days. But during the winter time (hunting season) I use it the first weekend of the season and usually add 1 bag of ice and my silver cans to it for each weekend. I have a 50 qt Sherpa and a 75 qt Tundra and want to get a 125 Tundra.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarai View Post
so u have to use ice to chill down the cooler before u can even out ice in there? Ill stick with my cheap igloos.
same here!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Wow, I packed some drinks in a 60 quart Coleman Extreme Friday night. Played in a baseball tournament all weekend for my kid and left it in the back of my truck. Yesterday when I took the drinks out the cooler to put back in the ice box they still had ice in it. Guess I made a good purchase.

Notes:
I bought drinks during the week and put them in the ice box so they were cold for a day
I bought a bag of Slo-Melt Ice
My drinks were still cold on Sunday
My extreme works very well, new it would hold for 5-6 days in my truck under the tonneau and in my garage, the problem is the crap hinges and as it ages it doesn't seal as well - this is where the others shine. I can still get 4 days if ice and another 1 or 2 of keeping cold in the water.

I like the fact that K2 is local...
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Redfish

Cash: 692

My k2 holds ice just as long or maybe even longer than my yeti, and dang near half the weight and price of yeti
Old 05-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Redfish

Cash: 429
Default It does not matter

It does not matter if you have a $30.00 cooler or a $300.00 cooler. If you put drinks/beer etc. that are room temp. you will eat through ice.

I keep a frozen 2 liter bottle of water. When I am going to use my cooler, I put the frozen bottle in cooler the night before. I also put the drinks in my frig the night before (if I have space) or in cooler with frozen water bottle.

In morning, take water bottle out of cooler and put back in freezer for next time. Now, you cooler is less than room temp and so are your drinks.

Again, this will same on ice regardless of type of cooler you own.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

I have the small drink cooler k2.... And i can fill it with ice and drink... Have it on the boat all day... Holds ice for full trip and even next day its got ice n water in it.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)
Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck cc View Post
i have a yeti, 3 k2's and 2 coleman extremes... i will use the colemans 99% of the time. the yeti/k2 are just too bulky and heavy! one of my colemans is 150qt and 7 years old... still works like new and was bought for $50 from walmart. in my opinion the extra cost for a yeti/k2 is not justified. all first hand experience
X2
Old 05-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Fill the yeti with drinks and ice to the top morning of fishing on a sunday leave left over drinks and water and ice in it, tues and wed still some ice in it....come sat morning no ice but water is still cool, drain water and fill her back up, mine gets usedtoo much to warm up never a prob!!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

so lets get this straight:

1. cool the Yeti/K2 before you use it (use ice to do this, either a bag of ice or a 2 liter bottle frozen)

2. cool the drinks before you put them in Yeti/K2

3. the ice you buy/use can make a difference (there are different types of ice)

4. do not open the Yeti/K2 very much or the heat will enter

Any other instructions for a $300+ container that just holds a couple dollars of ice and some fish/drinks?:*****:
Old 05-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post

1. cool the Yeti/K2 before you use it (use ice to do this, either a bag of ice or a 2 liter bottle frozen)

Any other instructions for a $300+ container that just holds a couple dollars of ice and some fish/drinks?:*****:

Wrap it in a columbia shirt and your good to go...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 05-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post

EXACTLY why i posted this thread. If I wouldve bought the cooler i wouldve been upset. For 200-300$ this darn cooler should make ice for me!!!! I think a styrofoam container would do the purpose I need. LOL.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

I dont do any of those things and my k2 holds ice all day and still lil in there next day

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
It does help to cool a yeti and the drinks before using if it's coming out of a hot storage shed or something... I don't cool mine. Couple case of pops and a 20lb bag of ice, will last several days.
Bought a 100qt Coleman extreme,$80-$100 can't remember. Used it once for a golf tourn, and once to haul some shrimp once. Stored in garage for 7months, took out last week, lid and upper wall is warped will not close completely... 65qt yeti going on 6yrs no problems
Forgot to mention the hot boiled crawfish you sealed up in it...
Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Forgot to mention the hot boiled crawfish you sealed up in it...
My buddy put some hot crawfish in a K2 and warped it.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Wrap it in a columbia shirt and your good to go...

hahaha

Salt Life stickers probably stick better on that slick surface Yeti though

for the OP, I have a couple of Coleman Extremes and the hinges may break but I can live with that and buy 7 brand new icechests for the price of a Yeti/K2. I have a friend that brought his purple and gold LSU Yeti for the drinks once (he got ragged hard for the LSU Yeti, but anyway). That thing being dark in color is going to attract heat and it didn't even hold ice the whole day because it was hot to begin with. Buy a white topped icechest whatever you do. If you need it to be green for hunting or whatever just throw something green on top of it.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

My small K2 will hold ice for days...... If I don't open it. Once I start drinking and open it every 20 minutes or so, the ice will melt just like any other ice chest. It is a very well built ice chest, which is why I bought it, but I'm still scratching my head at that investment.

I'm so salt life my K2 has Deuce Rod stickers, it's own pair of Costas, and only wears Sperrys!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

I have a K2 and hardly ever use it. Always worried about it being stolen.