SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

go look who Columbia supports! huge anti gun supporters!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
go look who Columbia supports! huge anti gun supporters!
Don't buy Columbia crap either. Didn't realize they were anti gun though. Thanks for the info. Don't buy their stuff because I don't care about name brands. Walmart tee shirts work just as well for fishing.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Oh well I still like my muck boots
Old 08-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Flounder

Cash: 731

Didn't know. Have a pair of insulated steel toe rubber boots for work up north. I am running out of room on my ban list... Starbucks, Amazon, Columbia, Muck boots, anything that the politicians from california, new york, or Chicago like.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus3173 View Post
Didn't know. Have a pair of insulated steel toe rubber boots for work up north. I am running out of room on my ban list... Starbucks, Amazon, Columbia, Muck boots, anything that the politicians from california, new york, or Chicago like.

Just think if they boycotted things we were involved with. What if everyone didn't buy anything made by, or associated with, someone that they didn't like or agreed with?
What if everyone refused to work for or with someone they didn't agree with on EVERY SINGLE THING?

Not much demand would be left for all the items we produce down here in good ol Louisiana, hope you bought plenty of gold off that fella selling it during the Hannity breaks.

I'd rather give my money for a quality product made by folks that have differing opinions and political stances than have to waste my money on junk made by folks that align with a few of my opinions.

Chicken hates Mako boats, so I'm boycotting SaltyCajun.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Just think if they boycotted things we were involved with. What if everyone didn't buy anything made by, or associated with, someone that they didn't like or agreed with?
What if everyone refused to work for or with someone they didn't agree with on EVERY SINGLE THING?

Not much demand would be left for all the items we produce down here in good ol Louisiana, hope you bought plenty of gold off that fella selling it during the Hannity breaks.

I'd rather give my money for a quality product made by folks that have differing opinions and political stances than have to waste my money on junk made by folks that align with a few of my opinions.

This.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus3173 View Post

Amazon? Man I pay the light bill a few months a year at one of their warehouses. Love me some Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2014, 01:47 AM
Flounder

Cash: 548

Quote:

LOL No doubt! I can't even imagine having to have complete alignment with customers much less employees. The age of instant information has its benefits...and its pitfalls.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:

Nice
Old 08-06-2014, 09:15 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

I think social media just blew this up way more than it should have. I can't imagine muck executives would support someone who is a direct threat to their very existence. If they actually are giving the hs money then they deserve to go under.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
I think social media just blew this up way more than it should have. I can't imagine muck executives would support someone who is a direct threat to their very existence. If they actually are giving the hs money then they deserve to go under.
Yep

'news' gets reported in a matter of seconds now whether its the truth or not
Old 08-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 481

Quote:

That's generally how capitalism works. I don't buy from companies that associate with groups that fight against my way of life. It's your money, though, so spend it how you see fit and I'll vote with my wallet.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun83 View Post
That's generally how capitalism works. I don't buy from companies that associate with groups that fight against my way of life. It's your money, though, so spend it how you see fit and I'll vote with my wallet.

What if the company supports organizations you support, but most of the employees that make a living in the factory don't? I'm not convinced the stance is validated other than providing yourself with a feeling of utility.

My companies executives have views that directly align with mine, but the other 90% of the company doesn't. It's very difficult to quantify the impact because every dollar you spend will support those that probably despise your existence in one way or another.

I gladly support companies for their stance on issues that I feel strongly about, but won't boycott someone if they make a superior product and have excellent customer service just because. Maybe their factory workers are all staunch gun rights activist and outdoorsmen - now you put them out of a job because their execs gave the equivalent of pennies to a humane society?

Too many variables and indirect impacts that are unseen until you peel the layers back.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 481

Quote:
What if the company supports organizations you support, but most of the employees that make a living in the factory don't? I'm not convinced the stance is validated other than providing yourself with a feeling of utility.

My companies executives have views that directly align with mine, but the other 90% of the company doesn't. It's very difficult to quantify the impact because every dollar you spend will support those that probably despise your existence in one way or another.

I gladly support companies for their stance on issues that I feel strongly about, but won't boycott someone if they make a superior product and have excellent customer service just because. Maybe their factory workers are all staunch gun rights activist and outdoorsmen - now you put them out of a job because their execs gave the equivalent of pennies to a humane society?

Too many variables and indirect impacts that are unseen until you peel the layers back.
Well, therein lies the problem. If a company is publicly supporting an anti hunting advocacy group and their pro hunting employees are ok with it, that's fine.. but I'm not feeding their pockets. I understand what you're saying but if I disagree with the companies stance on the surface enough to pass on their product I'm not interested in finding out what their shop workers think. Besides, lacrosse boots last longer..
Old 08-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Ling

LaCrosse is a Japanese company now fwiw if that bothers anyone
Old 08-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
LaCrosse is a Japanese company now fwiw if that bothers anyone
Japanese are alright in my book. They kill whales.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Japanese are alright in my book. They kill whales.

they build most our 'american' vehicles too
Old 08-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun83 View Post
Well, therein lies the problem. If a company is publicly supporting an anti hunting advocacy group and their pro hunting employees are ok with it, that's fine.. but I'm not feeding their pockets. I understand what you're saying but if I disagree with the companies stance on the surface enough to pass on their product I'm not interested in finding out what their shop workers think. Besides, lacrosse boots last longer..

Lacrosse boots is headquartered in Oregon, I'll give you 3 guesses as to what their majority political affiliation is - first 2 guesses don't count.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Don't own any muck boots and never will. I'm less concerned that they donate to the humane society and more concerned with the fact that they don't have the ballzs to stand behind it. Instead they try to pacify everyone with a bunch of bs. I don't like that they support the humane society but if they want to do it they shouldn't be two faced about. It's not like they have the waterproof hunting boot market cornered. Plenty of alternatives out there.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Don't own any muck boots and never will. I'm less concerned that they donate to the humane society and more concerned with the fact that they don't have the ballzs to stand behind it. Instead they try to pacify everyone with a bunch of bs. I don't like that they support the humane society but if they want to do it they shouldn't be two faced about. It's not like they have the waterproof hunting boot market cornered. Plenty of alternatives out there.
You realize that they didn't donate anything to the Humane Society. This was to the Humane Association. Seems most people have even less of a clue of what they are mad about. I checked out the Associations site and this is the only thing I could quickly find about them being against hunting.

http://americanhumaneblog.org/2014/0...x-pen-hunting/
And I have never even heard of anyone doing this.