SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 850

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but maybe if the guy would have put the cell phone down and yelled at the cop to stop after the first shot the dude may have lived!
Old 04-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Spots View Post
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but maybe if the guy would have put the cell phone down and yelled at the cop to stop after the first shot the dude may have lived!
Or he could have gotten himself killed also.

It's not a citizen's responsibility to stop a murdering cop.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393
Headknocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Spots View Post
Really!!! A LEO just committed a crime and you are going to tell him to "STOP".... Might work on TV,,,,however I doubt it will work in real world... the guy is lucky they did not beat his A&& and take his phone....infact would you bet your Life On it.... and be the citizen to make the arrest, when the LEO has a loaded gun....
Old 04-13-2015, 03:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,557

Yea, if the cop would have realized he was being filmed he would have surely destroyed the cell phone and arrested the citizen. the officer would likely have never been arrested.

if I am not mistaken they have actually passed a law in Lafayette which makes it illegal to film police officers from a certain distance.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,515

I read that there was a 2 minute struggle before the video began during which Scott overpowered the officer, took his taser, and fired it, hitting the officer in the chest and leg. Don't rush to judgment until all the facts are known. If Scott had the taser, which it appears in the video he did, that is a game changer. The officer drew his weapon while still physically touching Scott, and adrenaline may have taken over from there. I'll reserve judgment until all facts come out at trial.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadman View Post
i read that there was a 2 minute struggle before the video began during which scott overpowered the officer, took his taser, and fired it, hitting the officer in the chest and leg. Don't rush to judgment until all the facts are known. If scott had the taser, which it appears in the video he did, that is a game changer. The officer drew his weapon while still physically touching scott, and adrenaline may have taken over from there. I'll reserve judgment until all facts come out at trial.

thank you!!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216
Default Walter Scott MURDERED in Cold Blood by a Killer Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadMan View Post
I read that there was a 2 minute struggle before the video began during which Scott overpowered the officer, took his taser, and fired it, hitting the officer in the chest and leg. Don't rush to judgment until all the facts are known. If Scott had the taser, which it appears in the video he did, that is a game changer. The officer drew his weapon while still physically touching Scott, and adrenaline may have taken over from there. I'll reserve judgment until all facts come out at trial.

Must not have traded him too much...

You haven't reserved judgement because you are already leaning on the adrenaline excuse.

If the perp is running and you aren't in harms way anymore, why shoot? Adrenaline and anger are two different things. Plus, if he didn't have enough sense to cease fire due to adrenaline, then how did he miraculously come to his senses seconds later, pick up the taser and throw it next to the body to make the scene look more in his favor?

Some of the facts you seek may be hidden in logic.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

Quote:
Where did you read this?
Old 04-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,515
Default Walter Scott MURDERED in Cold Blood by a Killer Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Must not have traded him too much...

You haven't reserved judgement because you are already leaning on the adrenaline excuse.

If the perp is running and you aren't in harms way anymore, why shoot? Adrenaline and anger are two different things. Plus, if he didn't have enough sense to cease fire due to adrenaline, then how did he miraculously come to his senses seconds later, pick up the taser and throw it next to the body to make the scene look more in his favor?

Some of the facts you seek may be hidden in logic.

If I still have taser darts in me and perp still has the trigger mechanism, doesn't matter to me if he's running. You can run and squeeze a trigger at the same time.

Just saying, don't lynch the guy until we have the facts. He is innocent until proven guilty. There is no law stating that you can't shoot someone in the back of you fear bodily harm. I have no idea if the article is credible or not, but it seems like a plausible situation.

What bothers me the most about the entire thing is that the officer appeared to try to doctor the crime scene afterwards by dropping something next to Smith. Not sure what that was all about, but I'm sure it will come out at trial.

Here's the article if anyone wants to read it. Someone shared it on Facebook and I saw it on my Newsfeed. No idea if this is a credible source or if it's garbage:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...h-taser-darts/
Old 04-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

Quote:
If I still have taser darts in me and perp still has the trigger mechanism, doesn't matter to me if he's running. You can run and squeeze a trigger at the same time.

Just saying, don't lynch the guy until we have the facts. He is innocent until proven guilty. There is no law stating that you can't shoot someone in the back of you fear bodily harm. I have no idea if the article is credible or not, but it seems like a plausible situation.

What bothers me the most about the entire thing is that the officer appeared to try to doctor the crime scene afterwards by dropping something next to Smith. Not sure what that was all about, but I'm sure it will come out at trial.

Here's the article if anyone wants to read it. Someone shared it on Facebook and I saw it on my Newsfeed. No idea if this is a credible source or if it's garbage:

Thank you again! Too many people want to jump to conclusions over one persons cell phone video! Wait and hear the facts before stating murder geeze. What if the perp grabbed his pistol (which looks just like the taser the officer got SHOT with and killed the cop? Oh well the poor lil criminal just thought it was a taser?
Old 04-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Redfish

Cash: 573

Quote:

Well, one fact you don't have to wait for is the guy didn't have the Taser in his hand when the cop was firing. It was at the cop's feet. That's factual.

I understand people are hoping, wishing and looking for any means to justify this killing, but - even after all of the facts come out - it's going to be hard to prove this officer's life was in any danger when he shot at this guy. Eight times. In the back.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert22 View Post
Oh well the poor lil criminal just thought it was a taser?

Interesting... This same excuse is flying for a cop that did the same exact thing. Shot a guy with what he thought was his taser, but it was adrenaline so it's all good.

Citizens first
Old 04-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Interesting... This same excuse is flying for a cop that did the same exact thing. Shot a guy with what he thought was his taser, but it was adrenaline so it's all good.

Citizens first
And this cop has been charged with manslaughter