SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post
I think The National is the best value for courses in this area... My favorite to play is Koasati Pines at Coushatta. I really like the layout there.
Never played The National But I've Played Koasati at least 30 times, it's 35 minutes from the house.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOrtego View Post
you are mistaken, the greens were not "FAIR" , any place that you can read the greens perfectly, have perfect pace, but not make the putt or even hit the lip is unfair. The ball jumped, kicked left/right, amongst other things. I loved allllll the slopes and the setup but the greens were a joke.

One announcer said "this would be there last area of the US i would choose for Poa Annua greens"
Reread my comment and tell me where I said they were fair.

Nevermind, I'll save you some time.......I didn't. I said i didn't see any player say it was unfair. I also said that I didn't think they were suitable for a major. In fact, I believe I referenced several times, in this thread, the fact that I witnessed one player make a terrible approach, only to have his ball roll 5 feet from the cup.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

The USGA was in charge of the course, they took over the management of the course (like they always do before the tourney to make the course tougher) and it wasn't supposed to be as bad as it was but once the damage was done they couldn't get it back in shape at time. The drought hurt it bad

The course is pretty nice actually when its not being managed for the US Open
Old 06-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I'm sure a little more water and longer grass around the greens would have helped prevent the 30 yard run offs. In my opinion, when you have to put white dots to show where the green perimeter ends and the green collars begin something is very wrong. But it did produce a great champion and a very exciting finish.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Redfish

Cash: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouchub View Post
Im going to play koasati this wkend for the first time. Looking forward to it.

if you appreciate the game, you'll LOVE this place, my fav course, no doubt
Old 06-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

I do. Im looking forward to it.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I witnessed one player make a terrible approach, only to have his ball roll 5 feet from the cup.
Smalls you have mentioned this several times in this thread... I wanted to point out that I saw A BUNCH of guys intentionally target areas WAY away from the flag because of the contours on this course. It was the only way to get balls close.

I'm sure some guys got some lucky breaks from poor shots but most of them were aimed in odd spots to use the slopes. There were also some guys that made great shots right at the flag and ended up over the green... they didn't play the course properly. That is why Mark Davis said that the winner would need to do some homework because the course was difficult to read and could not be played like normal.