SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Jack crevalle are down eating. Call them bay yellowfin. Most people don't know how to cook them

Were you ever on tv?
oh well, I wouldn't have known how to cook it anyway

I just trusted the guy at the dock who told me I wasted my ice on a trash fish lol
Old 10-04-2016, 09:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
just man up and pay the $50 to join and see everything your missing. This site doesn't pay for itself, you know.
Been there, done that. All it is is a pissing match between W and ASR, especially with LSU/Bama. Not worth the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 09:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Been there, done that. All it is is a pissing match between W and ASR, especially with LSU/Bama. Not worth the money.

Not anymore. Now it's just ASR making 4582 posts about LSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 10:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
Not anymore. Now it's just ASR making 4582 posts about LSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, so it's gotten worse. Definitely not worth the $6/month then. I'd rather spend that on something useful...like an abacus.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:33 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:

Why I let mine go.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

It really is funny when people think this site doesn't pay for itself.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
It really is funny when people think this site doesn't pay for itself.
Explain how it is so profitable maybe I need to check my bank account again. We have basically no sponsors that are still paying and use a ton of bandwidth. I recently changed hosts and considered killing the site just so you know. I decided to keep it around one more year. But hey sounds like you know more than me arm chair qb so it works until you login one day and it's gone. Thanks to those of you that are premium members without you the site would not still be here that's a fact. It was close to gone 60 days ago.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Ah, so it's gotten worse. Definitely not worth the $6/month then. I'd rather spend that on something useful...like an abacus.

Or you could post in there and make it "worthwhile" or just consider it your contribution to the site. You guys that ***** about your six dollars we are probably better off without you anyway.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Let me say it this way the day that the premium memberships can no longer pay for the bandwidth the site will be done. That day is coming unless something changes I'm not going to keep it around for fun and throw money at it.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 683

When you recently changed hosts, did your cost increase or decrease? I know Jeff got out of the hosting business and that is why the owner of SaltyTexan shut that site down.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

can you use SaltyCash fora premium membership?
Old 10-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

I was a paying member for many years... I have since quit... basically bc this place as went to total ****!
Old 10-05-2016, 08:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Let me say it this way the day that the premium memberships can no longer pay for the bandwidth the site will be done. That day is coming unless something changes I'm not going to keep it around for fun and throw money at it.
hey Casey, i am sure you don't need any more responsibilities, but how bout a raffle forum in the premium section, raffle off different outdoor items for premium members to win, sell spots for a certain $ amount enough to cover item and shipping and handling costs, maybe that can help drum up new premium members, the item is not purchased till the raffle is finished, then shipped directly from vendor to winner, see photo for example from a facebook group
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4451.jpg (50.3 KB, 312 views)
Old 10-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

On one hand it would be sad to see the site go. On the other, all its become is a male version of Facebook. I have a hand full of members that pm back and forth for fishing reports. About all you see here anymore is drama and threats. When members are allowed to threaten other members or bash other members without being kicked off the site, it won't be successful. It used to be a useful resource.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Does keeping the site up have anything to do with the lack of charity donations from not having a tournament this year? I guess it doesn't make sense to have a website up and running if it doesn't bring any tax write offs with it.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

This website really used to be some thing good several years back. I have met and fished with some awesome people and learned a whole lot about life down here from the people ive met. Got where I am today because of those relationships. This place has gone to **** and I constantly see posts that I'd expect on facebook. I see arguments that belong on a daytime drama show. This place has changed for the worse, and I hate to see what it's become.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Explain how it is so profitable maybe I need to check my bank account again. We have basically no sponsors that are still paying and use a ton of bandwidth. I recently changed hosts and considered killing the site just so you know. I decided to keep it around one more year. But hey sounds like you know more than me arm chair qb so it works until you login one day and it's gone. Thanks to those of you that are premium members without you the site would not still be here that's a fact. It was close to gone 60 days ago.
As if you're losing tons of money on this thing, you woulda shut it down long ago if you were. As far as me logging on and it not working one day, I literally couldn't care less. I was a paying member and decided it wasn't worth it. Several posters above said the same thing. You always get bit?hy when premium memberships are brought up and say the same ole tired a$$ sad songs and make the same ole threats. Just pull the trigger if its that bad. Do yourself a favor.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Year in review

Ebola
Zika
Pok?mon
Clowns
Jiffy mix
Old 10-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

I use to come on this site daily, was a premium member, started many threads about fishing, fishing reports bla bla bla

Was chastised (by other members ((caughguidecaugh)) for posting map images for helping out an out of towner that had never been to BL

I liked this place, but I don't need the hassle. I came here to make friends talk fishing get and give advise, and fish with others, make fishing reports, and I have. Ive used guides from this sit as well bought items from the sponsors that advertised here (guess no more sponsors as Casey has stated, Ive been gone a while)

There are members here that run others off, thus I believe is the downward spiral

I check it out once in a blue moon, to see if things have changed, Im not surprised at the decline. Unless things change, Im sure one day, SC.com will not be found

good luck. Im out
Old 10-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREON View Post
When you recently changed hosts, did your cost increase or decrease? I know Jeff got out of the hosting business and that is why the owner of SaltyTexan shut that site down.
Went way up. Jeff was hosting this site as well so I had to find someone else. I was faced with the same decision as Jeff let it go or pay more. Jeff was giving me a good deal for years.