SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Dude don't get your feathers ruffled. Everyone has their own thing. Personally I don't buy into the gimmicks and Internet hype. Do what works for you and you will be happy lol. You know everyone likes a good debate!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Unless you're putting out a few hundred mallard decoys and have a few people doing that together, I would never do that in a duck blind. That was ridiculous. Less is more except on those rare days when they want to be hit with the call and that call is way OVERKILL
Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Swordfish

Yes. Lol. Instant classic!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Unless you're putting out a few hundred mallard decoys and have a few people doing that together, I would never do that in a duck blind. That was ridiculous. Less is more except on those rare days when they want to be hit with the call and that call is way OVERKILL
I agree with the less is more theory. some people try to make it too complicated. Its good to switch it up and try different things though. Almost every duck we killed today was called in by the cheap 3 in 1 haydel whistle. Not complicated, just different than 1000 people all blowing crazy 15 note hail calls
Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I agree with the less is more theory. some people try to make it too complicated. Its good to switch it up and try different things though. Almost every duck we killed today was called in by the cheap 3 in 1 haydel whistle. Not complicated, just different than 1000 people all blowing crazy 15 note hail calls
Yessir!!! I use the whistle often.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Duck hunters are too sensitive these days. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to painting my face and charging my mojo batteries.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Thank u!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Duck hunters are too sensitive these days. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to painting my face and charging my mojo batteries.
The thing I love about face paint is you can pieface em all u want and they can't see you!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

You guys are harsh! The guy on the video is talented with the call.. No need to bash on the man. To each his own.. I have heard much worse calling that ducks responded to. Had a guy in the blind with me sat doing that bouncing hen crap... He called in a couple greys while I was out of the blind. People claim it works, myself have never tried to learn it.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
I got some stickers for the barrel of your gun too if you want em
Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Swordfish

Meat stick!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
i got some stickers for the barrel of your gun too if you want em:d
meat stick!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
i got some stickers for the barrel of your gun too if you want em:d

watch it sucker i got stickers on my gun i put on there a very long time ago. Want to take them off, but not sure how to they been on there a long time.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
You guys are harsh! The guy on the video is talented with the call.. No need to bash on the man. To each his own.. I have heard much worse calling that ducks responded to. Had a guy in the blind with me sat doing that bouncing hen crap... He called in a couple greys while I was out of the blind. People claim it works, myself have never tried to learn it.
Im not bashing him... that takes alot of work to get that down for sure. Im just not sure it would be worth it. I dont think you would all of a sudden start killing limits of mallards everyday just because you were doing this crazy call routine
Old 01-09-2013, 04:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

I'll give ya'll one thing. That gizzle dude makes for some damn fine entertainment.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Im not bashing him... that takes alot of work to get that down for sure. Im just not sure it would be worth it. I dont think you would all of a sudden start killing limits of mallards everyday just because you were doing this crazy call routine
Exactly, I never said it sounded like crap, just not something I would ever do in a duck blind. That call is for the stage
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
watch it sucker i got stickers on my gun i put on there a very long time ago. Want to take them off, but not sure how to they been on there a long time.
rubbing alcohol takes stickers off pretty good
Old 01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546

To even think this thread was made to show ppl what a guy sounded like. Lol my feathers never get ruffled but its fun to hear the less is more stuff. From now on everyone who said that throw every duck call you own out in the trash and just sit there. That's less right? Ducks on the water when they see ducks fly over they do whistle THE DRAKES DO! That's y ur whistle works. To finish birds it works great. If you hear it from someone like a pro staffer would you believe it? Nope! Because you probly have been hunting for years and the samething works for you. That's great, FOR YOU. Where I hunt there's so much pressure sounding different helps. Bouncing hen really worx. I have witnesses. I'm not saying I call better than anyone on here but like top dawg said what worx for me worx for me. I don't buy in to less is more because I be willing to bet everyone of you blow a comeback call when ducks just don't seem to work. And then when you catch em cupped coming I. And your whistle is the highest call on your lanyard you grab it you kill em and that's what called em in. Nope... Wrong your decoys looked appalling and you were hidden well enough and your whistle hypnotized them. C'mon say you never blow a hail or a comeback. Sounding different to me late season helps. That refuge feed is what ducks do when the are in a frenzie idc who says what I seen it in the wild and was with ppl who been hunting for years. You sound like more than one bird it really does help and if you make it sound like your decoys are calling and not you helps as well. Put all drakes in a spread and blow a comeback call and see how many ducks you call in. Again class dismissed...lol y haven't y'all left yet??!... Lmao. Getting a rise outa you crazy bastodds fuels my fire
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

No you weren't , and I agree after a greeting call to turn them it's been widgeon and pintail whistle all year. Anything else they get spooky. Just sounds like a young man excited about the sport. I like the enthusiasm....
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546

I'm bored...lol... Sick.... I guess from bouncing my hen????lol