SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 559
Default Lake Borgne area

Let me try to make things as short as I can. I am not new to fishing, but have not fished in a while. A long while.
I started fishing again, trying to learn the waters around Lake Borne. Ive fished twice without catching a thing. Ive fished a falling tide; Ive used live bait; Ive fished on top and on the bottom. I've fished in the mouth of the channels and in the channels along the western side of Lake Borne, and into the Biloxi Marsh area.
So other than doing some stupid things at the launch, I thought I was doing everything right. Y'all have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch,

Patrick
Old 07-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 748

Not many people fish the east side on this forum.

I fished lake Catherine twice and didn't do too hot myself.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,467

Don't feel bad. I'd don't catch fish when I go either. I guess you have to put the time in on the water ( which I don't). Keep trying. Water conditions, moon and temp can play a role on this stuff too. If you can figure the math out let me know too. I just hope it will be at the time I get to go fishing. Lol
Old 07-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I dont ever really fish lake borgne but you might try the L&N train bridge and the hwy 90 bridge on a falling tide have caught some nice fish at the castle in lake borgne. any rigs you see in lake borgne are worth a shot too. try the west shore and north shore of lake catherine. I usually run down to hopedale if Im gonna go that far east this time of year. Fish the rocks at the end of the MRGO and the rigs in breton sound. good luck and post a report of your trip
Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

Fished there today. Fished some rocks in Catherine nothing. Fished the bridge and bank in Unknown Pass nothing. Went fish a channel that connects intercostal to lake borgne and picked up a red and a small speck. We picked up 6 dink specks and a nice red in the same spot yesterday.. All the reports I've read say fish deep in passes and channels with live shrimp.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Landry View Post
Fished there today. Fished some rocks in Catherine nothing. Fished the bridge and bank in Unknown Pass nothing. Went fish a channel that connects intercostal to lake borgne and picked up a red and a small speck. We picked up 6 dink specks and a nice red in the same spot yesterday.. All the reports I've read say fish deep in passes and channels with live shrimp.
this time of year live bait is pretty much a requirement in that area
Old 07-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

There are good fish in lake Borne , fish the rigs move around . Try fishing a sliding cork with live shrimp at different depths starting deep. I only fish plastic but used to buy shrimp for my ex wife and would rig her sliding cork .. She would catch lots of trout. I use a 3/8-1/2 oz jig head n fish bouncing it on the bottom . Try both up and down current sides. As Meaux said try tge rocks by the old fort Beauregard . You can also try the rock dam in the mrgo or the rocks at tge end of the mrgo if you feel confident navigating the marsh to make it to Breton sound
Old 07-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
this time of year live bait is pretty much a requirement in that area
We were popping vudu shrimp.. Couldn't find live anywhere in that area. Tried the yellow store and chef pass marina nothing..
Old 07-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Landry View Post
We were popping vudu shrimp.. Couldn't find live anywhere in that area. Tried the yellow store and chef pass marina nothing..
rigolets marina, dockside in slidell, campos in shell beach, breton sound marina in hopedale
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Tripletail

Thanks. But none of those are on the way from Metairie. Fishing after work and was tight on time.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

The lake, and sarounding areas to it are way off in terms of the fish being caught this year.
Some of the most respectable fisherman are having hard times putting just a few fish in the boat this summer. I think it has to do with more than one variable, but it seems to be just heating up on the out skirts like Breton sound, and black bay.
If anything the end of July and agust are gonna be better fishing in my opinion. It seems to be a good 35-45 days behind in 2013 for this area!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:08 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

fish the rigs in lake borgne or fish the bridges in lake P. if you fish with plastics use a 1/2oz jigg head or 3/8 let your bait hit the bottom and then pop it up, let it hit bottom again pop it up a little higher, also reel in your bait the same direction the tide is moving the water. if this doesn't help, drop shot rig some live shrimp.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,905

Quote:
Originally Posted by needles View Post
Let me try to make things as short as I can. I am not new to fishing, but have not fished in a while. A long while.
I started fishing again, trying to learn the waters around Lake Borne. Ive fished twice without catching a thing. Ive fished a falling tide; Ive used live bait; Ive fished on top and on the bottom. I've fished in the mouth of the channels and in the channels along the western side of Lake Borne, and into the Biloxi Marsh area.
So other than doing some stupid things at the launch, I thought I was doing everything right. Y'all have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch,

Patrick
Biloxi Marsh was/is one of my fav fishing spots when we lived in Covington. Plastics and gold spoons in the shallow ponds and trenasses off the main channels. Wonderful memories especially in the fall.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Fish around the rigs in Lake Borne, use Cocahoe minnows on a jig head or on a carolina rig. If you don't get a bite in 15 minutes move to the next one or to the other side of the rig. You just have to find them.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Sand Trout

Brew Thaks to everyone

Thanks a bunch. I haven't checked back in a while. Ya know, work, school, wife, kids. lol This forum seems to be pretty popular. I'm going to start checking more frequently.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Sand Trout

Default Biloxi Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomball Tiger View Post
Biloxi Marsh was/is one of my fav fishing spots when we lived in Covington. Plastics and gold spoons in the shallow ponds and trenasses off the main channels. Wonderful memories especially in the fall.

Hey thanks a bunch!! Dont know if Im answering your post right. I'll get it.:*****: