SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Question Is it Conservation or Greed?

I have been biting the tongue on this issue for a long time, but I have to let it out to feel better. I know this will not set well on some but I’m just speaking what I think is the truth in my eyes.

I’m really tired of money and politics playing a role in our fishing. I’m sick of hearing on the street that Big Lake needs to do this and needs to do that ,but yet don’t see a sole out doing a damn thing!

We have guys who catch big trout wading and take pictures and walk tall and proud that they released a 9lb trout. They drive up to Baton Rouge to meet the Governor to fight and push limits on our lakes. They act like they are conservationist but are they???

I’m out on that lake spending my money and my gas to learn about trout on my own. I tag trout and reds all year long to help all of us learn. I bet if records were pulled up the guys who are running to Baton Rouge to push limit on something have not stuck a damn tag in it! There are guys who wade and take picks of trout to release. Fine no problem with that but don’t call yourself a conservationist! Tags are free so tag those big trout and let’s see some research. Let’s see who is going to catch them again. Let’s get some feedback. I don’t want to hear it’s hard to tag when wading.......If you can take a PIc of a trout in the water you can stick a tag in it..(Bottom line) I think it comes to Greed that one would not tag a fish when given the change but yet push for a limit on a fish he is not helping research. I may be wrong and just think different don’t know.

But pull my tagging records and numbers let’s compare them to the so called fishing politics....

IF this makes you feel guilty you probably are!

Sorry but I needed that off my chest.......Have a Great Day