SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-02-2009, 02:11 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182
Default Clear Creek gun hunting

This weekend was the opening for gun hunting at Clear Creek WMA ....either sex.

I hunted Sat.....in the stand @ 6 AM and hunted until 1:30 PM. No deer seen. There was a good amount of shooting [6 or 8 shots] not to far up north of where I hunted. I did some scouting up that direction. After 9:45 AM, I did not hear another shot until almost Noon. The most shooting was between 9:15 and 9:45 AM....about 18 shots fired. I don't think there were any shots within a half mile of where I hunted and I know there were at least 3 others hunters near me. Just after I had gotten up in the tree…..2 hunters came walking up to where I was located. They had marked a trail the day before and had put up a stand 25 yards from the tree I had climb. He was not happy that I had “taken” his spot first.

Hunted today from 1 PM until dark.....no Deer seen. I was with 3 other hunters today and none of them saw any deer.

Sat. there was a fair amount of shooting and I heard about a dozen shots this evening. There was more shooting from 3 PM to 3:30 PM than there was before dark.

I have made 4 hunts this year to CC and have not seen a deer in the woods.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

My cousin went make an afternoon hunt yesterday with his little boy and drilled a doe. Said he was on a pipeline just sitting on the ground. He sent me a picture and it looks like a young deer, but it is meat in the freezer. Also read somewhere that a group of 4 each killed and also acquired themselves 2 tickets.

Warren
Old 11-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I only saw one infraction this weekend. I saw a group of 3 or 4 guys fixin to go down a pipeline. A few minutes later I drove back by this spot and one of the guys had a stand loaded on a 4 wheeler and was headed down the pipeline.

On Clear Creek WMA.....4 wheelers can only be used to go pick up a Deer after the kill. That would have made a good picture.....but the camera was in my pack in the back of the truck.