SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Bull reds requested

I had 2 guys from Texas and 1 from California. They had fished with Shawn yesterday and did very good. The bar was set high before we left the dock. We start out searching for a bite that is not happening. After about a half hour we get hooked up to a stud. The fish showed us why it got so big. It easily pulled the hook. These guys only wanted to fish with what they used the previous day because it was so successful. I decided to try something else and on my second cast I am hooked up. I offered the pole to them but they made me catch my own. They did net my fish for me. A nice 14 pounder.

Once the fish is released 1 of them starts using what I was throwing. I hook up another of the same kind of bait but the 3rd guy stays with yesterdays proven bait. Both of the guys I set up hook up and as they are bringing in their fish the third guy hooks up to a big one. We now have a triple on but unfortunately the big fish gets away. These 2 fish get invited for dinner.

We picked up a few more for the table but so far my 14 pounder is the only sizeable fish.

The morning is progressing slowly and one of my guys has been watching his buddies catch fish. He has been playing catch and release as seen on TV. We move to a totally different area. The same hook and release guy gets a monster on and we have a burst of excitement. He thought he hooked a dolphin but it was a 5-6 foot blacktip shark. Soon after the guy in the front hooks up to a Jack Crevalle. Both of these hard fighting fish got away.

Early in the afternoon I set up the third guy with the same setup. It is finally time for him to shine and shine he did.

The other 2 guys started getting aggravated watching him keep fighting some big ones.

I lost a few lures to toothy critters. There were some Spanish mackerel around. We did put one in the box that my cats enjoyed this evening. The only lures I had left on the boat were stock. I usually upgrade my equipment so things like this will not happen.

We landed the fish but the split ring was shot. I found some bigger ones and switched them out. The hooks were also inferior but my box of stronger trebles were in the shed. The winds were building and we had to call it as the guys were dancing on the deck just to be able to stand.

Our last fish of the day was the trophy fish. It was his personal best and he held it up like a champ would with any other trophy. A fitting ending to the day. A PB 30 pounder.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 04-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Good work