SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default CTFer Joe comes to Venice

Being from Connecticut I like to brag about where I have moved to. When somebody comes down from there I want things to be good. Cutemalljack as he goes by on CTFisherman had a whole week to pick a good day. He could not have picked a worse week weather wise. If no rain the winds never calmed down to less than 15mph. Today Wednesday was the best and he wanted to target bull reds.

We got underway at 7:00. With the winds blowing out of the east I went to the end of red pass and started working the beach. We were sheltered by the winds and the seas were very calm there. The north winds we had all night blew every bit of muddy water out of the marshes and all the water looked like thick melted chocolate. I was off to a rotten start. I checked a few ponds nearby and decided to get the heck out of the entire area. I already went about 10 miles out of my way and had to go back past the marina to get to where I decided to try next. A lot of lost time already and he had to be back in early. I headed down river and off to the west. I have been getting reds on a regular basis but today that place was also messed up. We gave it a try anyway. Nothing happening here either. Off to another area about 6 miles further away.

"When you are given lemons make lemonade" That is about what happened today. Once in this new area we switch baits and at 10:00 Joe puts our first fish on the boat.

At this time we forgot about the redfish and were just happy to see a rod bend. The bite was not hot but steady enough to keep us there. The water was also stained but it was the cleanest we had seen all day. We got some shorts and also missed several light bites. The box started looking good.

We only had till about 12:30 to fish but about that time the bite also slowed down anyway. As we were leaving the pond with the trolling motor I had Joe cast and pop on the way out. He hooked up to a larger fish that appeared to be a redfish but it threw the hook. The only red we got all day was this 15 inch rat red.

Joe picked up one last trout as I was getting ready to use the big motor. One for the road! We picked up the boat and brought everything back to the house to clean. This was the first full rack of fish on my cleaning table. It has 24 places to hang the catch and that is just what we brought back today.

It turned out to be another successful trip and Joe opened up trout season a few days early. (For Connecticut at least)

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM