SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391
Default any tho'ts?

We have Directv at home. My daughter has a receiver that is linked to my account at her apartment. I put a dish up there myself. It has suddenly crapped out and I can't figger what the problem is. She gets a few channels, but, not even locals. I've run out of ideas as to what the problem could be. I took the LNB off my dish and put it on hers and it still doesn't work, yet, I can't pick up all channels with the LNB off her dish and it loses signal quite easily. If I call Directv will they fix the problem even tho it's not on my property? I'm not under contract...been a customer since '02...and a loyal one at that. I'm more than willing to pay for the work, but, if they say no...should I just tell them to fix it or come to my house and get their crap?
Old 07-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default any tho'ts?

Shouldn't matter, my dad traveled with his for years and got service from them when he needed it. If they don't handle up on it and your are legitimately paying for the receiver, then tell them to screw off and get Apple TV with and HD antenna for locals.

Last edited by Goooh; 07-13-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-13-2014, 11:08 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

If you are worried that they won't fix if it is not at your house........ swap the dish, and have them come fix it at your house.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
If you are worried that they won't fix if it is not at your house........ swap the dish, and have them come fix it at your house.

I thought about buying a complete new outfit and starting over. They're half the price now that they were when I started.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Flounder

Cash: 628

Check all coax connections especially if you crimped them on yourself. Had same problem and found one not properly grounded with the outer braided shield wire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbum View Post
Check all coax connections especially if you crimped them on yourself. Had same problem and found one not properly grounded with the outer braided shield wire.
^^^ Try this before messing with the dish. I was having problems getting half the channels and sometimes the guide wouldn't work properly... Changed 1 Coax outlet and it was working great... ended up changing a 2nd one that started giving me problems.