SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 459
Default Taking the wife to VB

Gonna take the wife next week for our anniversary to Vermilion bay for reds or better yet specks. Can anybody tell me the best reefs to hit this time of year out there. I'm guessing diamond or Tete Butte if the wind isn't to bad?
Old 05-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

I'd take her to big lake instead of vermillion bay.

The bay is very dirty!! Weirs with tide moving..cut bait or shrimp.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

If you are set on VB and the weather cooperates...... Tiger Shoals.....
Old 05-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

It will be tough, think about Cocodrie, barrier islands, they are doing well there.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Flounder

Cash: 681

Do you really want to take her to see muddy and FRESH water?

Last Saturday; zero bites, zero crabs at SMI.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:46 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 459

Well ****. I'm just wanting to take her to wherever I have the best chance to put her on some reds or specks. I have a 20ft Bay boat so I can only venture so far. Thanks for all the info
Old 05-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,467

When I was around 12 my dad bought a 21' stratos bay boat. My mom wanted to fish one weekend so Dad took her out to Marsh Island to catch some reds. The winds were light in the morning, but started blowing out of the North East around 15 with gusts around 20 that afternoon. I remember the ride back being bad and recall the profanities that came from my mothers mouth that day. I look back at one point and see my mother bear hugging the leaning post and my dad smiling ear to ear. I'm not saying that he knew that those winds were going to blow that day, and I'm not saying that he intended to wait till the wind picked up before heading back to the point. But I assure you he made sure that my mom would never step foot in that boat again. He had that particular boat for another 10-12 years and I can't ever recall her even asking to go fish again.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Big lake will be approximately the same driving distance from where your driving from and way better chance to catch fish!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
When I was around 12 my dad bought a 21' stratos bay boat. My mom wanted to fish one weekend so Dad took her out to Marsh Island to catch some reds. The winds were light in the morning, but started blowing out of the North East around 15 with gusts around 20 that afternoon. I remember the ride back being bad and recall the profanities that came from my mothers mouth that day. I look back at one point and see my mother bear hugging the leaning post and my dad smiling ear to ear. I'm not saying that he knew that those winds were going to blow that day, and I'm not saying that he intended to wait till the wind picked up before heading back to the point. But I assure you he made sure that my mom would never step foot in that boat again. He had that particular boat for another 10-12 years and I can't ever recall her even asking to go fish again.

Lol!
Genius
Old 05-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
LMAO!!!
Old 05-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Dad was a smart man
Old 05-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Redfish

Cash: 893

That's kinda like taking the wife who bugs you to go duck hunting. You take her on a wet, windy and cold *** morning and they'll never ask again. Lol
Old 05-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afishionado View Post
That's kinda like taking the wife who bugs you to go duck hunting. You take her on a wet, windy and cold *** morning and they'll never ask again. Lol
I tried that... it didnt work
Old 05-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
Well ****. I'm just wanting to take her to wherever I have the best chance to put her on some reds or specks. I have a 20ft Bay boat so I can only venture so far. Thanks for all the info
I would go to cocodrie or big lake if I were you. buy some live shrimp and fish structure or cuts in marsh with clean moving water.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I tried that... it didnt work
Damn, your old lady is hardcore!
Old 05-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
I remember that day. We did smoke the reds tho
Old 05-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I would go to cocodrie or big lake if I were you. buy some live shrimp and fish structure or cuts in marsh with clean moving water.
I agree with Meaux here. The bay is complete crap right now from all this wind and fresh water from the Basin. Look elsewhere bro.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Go to Henderson Lake with a bunch of crickets and catch a bunch of fish. Give em to the people at the ramp if you don't want to clean them.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

I would go to Dularge. Reds are almost a guarantee on the west side of Mechant this time of year. If the wind is kicking you can always find plenty of canals to duck into for reds.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Pop

If the wind is blowing... Cameron Ship Channel is the place to be.... Shrimp on the Bottom..Along the banks near west side of ferry...