SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 12-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Redfish

Cash: 2,437
Default wahoo

We were able to fish last Friday, seas layed for one day and we fished in about two foot seas, nice to fish in those conditions!

We were fishing around the full moon and went 2 for 4 and nice big wahoo! I Feel sure that we would have landed more if we could have kept the big AJS from smashing our baits on every wrap! The customers were so tired from catching amberjack that they didnt want anything to do with a rod!! ha ha! Early in the day we were able to catch a few nice big blackfin, never found a yellow! We used live bait to catch our amberjack, little did we know, we we end up releasing about 25 that hit our trolling baits! Never before have I caught so many amberjack trolling!

I am posting to let you know that I will be fishing around the new moon as well for hooters and have a fewe days open! I like to fish them 2-3 days before and after the moons! Right now I have Dec 22nd open and dec 26th! The moon really helps on the wahoo bite! We are also catching all of the big amberjack that you can stand right now along with a few nice grouper and blackfin tuna! A few yellowfin here and there, they will really start to show up in late January though!

This is the time of the year that the big hooters move in! I always start fishing them in December hard! Most wahoo this time of the year are 40-60 pounds and we always catch some over 80, even seen them over 100 pounds in the winter! If you want to fish, just let us know!

Capt Josh Howard
225-572-7408
deepsouthcharters@cox.net
www.deepsouthcharters.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dec2011 012.jpg (60.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg dec2011 009.jpg (68.8 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg dec2011 008.jpg (56.4 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg dec2011 003.jpg (67.2 KB, 106 views)
Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,490

Great news and report! Looking forward to getting on the water with you again on the 23rd. Long range forcast is looking good, I just hope it holds true.

Save some YF and Hoos for us. These guys want the big ones!

EVO
Old 12-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Nice load of fish.