SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607
Default Walter Scott MURDERED in Cold Blood by a Killer Cop

I know law enforcement officers have to deal with a lot and sometimes are forced to make a tough decision to ensure they protect their own safety.

It is my opinion that MOST of the time an officer must fire his weapon and a jury decides he was wrong in doing so, it is a decision that he made in the heat of the moment and was an honest mistake. Recently, LEO have been under scrunity which I think a lot of racists like Reverend AL Sharpton blow up into something it should not be.

However, when I saw this video my blood pressure went up and my heart rate increased. Up until this video surfaced the local police department had this ruled as a clean and legal shoot because the officer felt his life was in danger.

This officer should be sentenced to DEATH the same as any other criminal who murders someone. I hope the trial is a long and drawn out one so that EVERY inmate in the prison gets a chance to do whatever they want to do to a KILLER COP!

This *** hole emptied his magazine on an unarmed man 20' away from him that was running away from him! I know the guy was breaking the law by running, may be a drug dealer or thug, and may have even done things worse than that.

But that is for a jury to decide and this trigger happy SOB had the mind frame that he has the authority to murder someone is a serious issue that is probably deeply engrained in his entire department.

I am not sure why this video made me so mad. I usually feel that when a cop shoots a criminal the criminal did something to provoke it and had it coming. But this is just flat out COLD-BLOODED MURDER in my opinion.

What are ya'll thoughts?

See Raw Footage of Walter Scott Shooting:
http://nbcnews.to/1E2k228
Old 04-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Never shoot ANYONE in the back, there are very little viable reasons, and you have no defense. How was this cops life in danger when the person was running AWAY? Been around guns all my life carried all my adult life, been to MANY MANY classes and live shooting scenario training. Unless youre at WAR, never shoot someone in the back unless immanent danger to life (yours or others) is obvious. About the only time Id pull the trigger on someone running away is you would have to be in my house running down the hallway to my sons/daughters room, then Im going to blast ya
Old 04-08-2015, 01:24 PM
King Mackeral

Think about how many times police officers have gotten away with stuff like this before cell phones Cameras.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I don't know what we would do without these cops performing unconstitutional stops without probable cause. Or hiding waitin for that expired inspection sticker to pass. Don't even get me started on window tint. Could u imagine the chaos?

Yes. That pos deserves what he'll get in prison.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:36 PM
King Mackeral

Hey, I don't mind a cop finding a minor violation on a suspicious vehicle to make a stop if it means my wife and daughter will be even A LITTLE BIT safer next time they want to take a walk. But that SOB just didn't want to chase down the suspect so he took it upon himself to end his life....not with 1 shot or even 3 shots. He emptied his damn magazine and was still firing while the suspect was collapsing.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

So the officer fired 1 shot and guy keeps running? Don't run don't get shot

Listen to law enforcement don't get shot

Amazing how people judge things like this
If guys turns around puts hands behind back and does as officers says ... He lives but yet he runs
Old 04-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
I know law enforcement officers have to deal with a lot and sometimes are forced to make a tough decision to ensure they protect their own safety.

It is my opinion that MOST of the time an officer must fire his weapon and a jury decides he was wrong in doing so, it is a decision that he made in the heat of the moment and was an honest mistake. Recently, LEO have been under scrunity which I think a lot of racists like Reverend AL Sharpton blow up into something it should not be.

However, when I saw this video my blood pressure went up and my heart rate increased. Up until this video surfaced the local police department had this ruled as a clean and legal shoot because the officer felt his life was in danger.

This officer should be sentenced to DEATH the same as any other criminal who murders someone. I hope the trial is a long and drawn out one so that EVERY inmate in the prison gets a chance to do whatever they want to do to a KILLER COP!

This *** hole emptied his magazine on an unarmed man 20' away from him that was running away from him! I know the guy was breaking the law by running, may be a drug dealer or thug, and may have even done things worse than that.

But that is for a jury to decide and this trigger happy SOB had the mind frame that he has the authority to murder someone is a serious issue that is probably deeply engrained in his entire department.

I am not sure why this video made me so mad. I usually feel that when a cop shoots a criminal the criminal did something to provoke it and had it coming. But this is just flat out COLD-BLOODED MURDER in my opinion.

What are ya'll thoughts?

See Raw Footage of Walter Scott Shooting:
http://nbcnews.to/1E2k228
My true thoughts?

I can't say that he was probably doing something he shouldn't have because I have ZERO knowledge on why he was approached by police or the reason he fled.

But to flee from law enforcement is the only other cardinal sin other than shooting at them.

What if the cop was unable to capture Wallace and Wallace went on to run through peoples homes, steal vehicles to flee, or harm innocent victims enroute to freedom? What if Wallace would have turned a corner and hid to ambush the officer with a gun or knife?

A Jeanerette officer lost control of his vehicle yesterday and was killed bc he pursued a fleeing suspect rather than terminate the problem at the beginning. I doubt his wife and children are glad he made that decision.

Bottom Line. #1 Don't do anything that will attract law enforcement #2 if you are approached by them don't flee or shoot at them, at that point you are asking for it.

Do I think that just because someone flees from the police it automatically gives the police the right to shoot them. Yes, it is law enforcements priority to protect society, at the point of flight you are immediately/gravely endangering others around you.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Never shoot ANYONE in the back, there are very little viable reasons, and you have no defense. How was this cops life in danger when the person was running AWAY? Been around guns all my life carried all my adult life, been to MANY MANY classes and live shooting scenario training. Unless youre at WAR, never shoot someone in the back unless immanent danger to life (yours or others) is obvious. About the only time Id pull the trigger on someone running away is you would have to be in my house running down the hallway to my sons/daughters room, then Im going to blast ya
It's not about endandering just the officers life. What about the innocent bystanders that are about to be put in the line of fire during a pursuit.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Redfish

Cash: 725

Maybe if people would obey officers orders they wouldn't get shot!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
My true thoughts?

I can't say that he was probably doing something he shouldn't have because I have ZERO knowledge on why he was approached by police or the reason he fled.

But to flee from law enforcement is the only other cardinal sin other than shooting at them.

What if the cop was unable to capture Wallace and Wallace went on to run through peoples homes, steal vehicles to flee, or harm innocent victims enroute to freedom? What if Wallace would have turned a corner and hid to ambush the officer with a gun or knife?

A Jeanerette officer lost control of his vehicle yesterday and was killed bc he pursued a fleeing suspect rather than terminate the problem at the beginning. I doubt his wife and children are glad he made that decision.

Bottom Line. #1 Don't do anything that will attract law enforcement #2 if you are approached by them don't flee or shoot at them, at that point you are asking for it.

Do I think that just because someone flees from the police it automatically gives the police the right to shoot them. Yes, it is law enforcements priority to protect society, at the point of flight you are immediately/gravely endangering others around you.

Point dead on!!! It's real simple

Don't run just obey the officer and live

Hell worst case the suspect will get a free lawyer and spend some jail time but let's place facts

The Suspect ; keyword here is "he Choose" to run

One thing is for sure

He won't do it again
Old 04-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
It's not about endandering just the officers life. What about the innocent bystanders that are about to be put in the line of fire during a pursuit.
Its all about situational awareness. Where was this guy running to? Looked like a fenced in area, hell this guy was 50 yrs old didn't look like he could jump a rope much less a fence, Never the less all we have is a video of the immediate area, not the surroundings. On the other hand why was this 50 yr old man running from the cops? Hell I would think by 50, one would understand DONT RUN FROM THE COPS, it never ends well for the runner.

All Im sayin is this cop better have some SERIOUS evidence to shot someone in the back

Last edited by marty f; 04-08-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Its all about situational awareness. Where was this guy running to? Looked like a fenced in area, hell this guy was 50 yrs old didn't look like he could jump a rope much less a fence, Never the less all we have is a video of the immediate area, not the surroundings. On the other hand why was this 50 yr old man running from the cops? Hell I would think by 50, one would understand DONT RUN FROM THE COPS, it never ends well for the runner.

All Im sayin is this cop better has some SERIOUS evidence to shot someone in the back

Never underestimate the ability of a fleeing criminal. And at the point of flight he immediately becomes a criminal. What if he ran across a flat road with no fence/barriers and the cop was so focused on catching the criminal that he was hit by a passing vehicle. The "what ifs" are countless. This criminal shouldn't have been trying out for the Jamaican Sprint Team and he would be alive and well enjoying the Food, Air Conditioning, and Cable I pay for. Now we're paying for a "just" trial for a dead criminal.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:13 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
My true thoughts?

I understand your points and see how some people may agree with them. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I also agree that the guy was asking for trouble when he ran from the officer. you still can't shoot a man in the back.

If the suspect was wielding a weapon, driving dangerously while fleeing, or acting violently (which I do not know if he was or not prior to the start of the video) I would probably agree with your opinion about the officer having the right to shoot him in the back while he was 20' away running in the opposite direction....you know, to protect society.

The amount of times this trigger happy officer fired and the way he planted the taster next to him confirms, in my mind, that the officer knew that the shooting was unnecessary from the second he raised his firearm up until he stood over the man and watched him take his last breath.

Like I said this is my opinion and the reason I posted was to hear other people's opinions. Hearing yours does give me another point of view that I had not previously considered.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Never underestimate the ability of a fleeing criminal. And at the point of flight he immediately becomes a criminal. What if he ran across a flat road with no fence/barriers and the cop was so focused on catching the criminal that he was hit by a passing vehicle. The "what ifs" are countless. This criminal shouldn't have been trying out for the Jamaican Sprint Team and he would be alive and well enjoying the Food, Air Conditioning, and Cable I pay for. Now we're paying for a "just" trial for a dead criminal.
The "What ifs" wont exonerate this cop, "Just that facts Ma'am" (Joe Friday) and that we here in the armchair jury do not have. but I do know this, there better be some hard core facts for justification for shooting someone in the back.

Im all for you do the crime, you do the time, as well the punishment should fit the crime........... wonder what they were having a confrontation about? Was it worth running from the cops or being shot over? We may never know
King Mackeral

Quote:
From a "what if" stand point you make a pretty good case for shooting a man in the back.

It's easy to play the "what if" card:
"what if" that officer, who obviously has an issue with thinking he is above the law, is known for harassing and beating suspects for no reason? Then, the guy had a good reason to run from him.

One thing is for certain. The law is VERY clear and it states that NO ONE, not a good semaritan with a CCL like martf, or a trigger happy officer like in the video, has the right to shoot a man in the back.

I couldn't legally shoot someone after they broke into my house if they were climbing out of the window to leave.

Hell, there is a very high profile case ongoing right now where a 20 year old man is on trial in Lafayette for killing a 15 year old and wounding 2 other kids. He shot at them as they drove away from his house. He claims they had just broke into his truck, but when he shot at them they were in a vehicle and driving away. Like the Killer Cop he will likely spend the next 30 years in prison.
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

I have to agree with Mako on this. Just because someone runs they deserve to die? Just because you are a copy you get to play God with someone's life?

Listen guys being a cop is one of the hardest jobs in the world. There is a video on facebook I saw of a cop in Florida that was gunned down on a traffic stop several years ago by an ex military guy. The cop let the man go into the back of his truck and pull out an assault weapon. The man was killed and left behind his wife and small children. In that case I felt like the copy should have acted sooner.

What I will say is believe it or not good people are sometimes caught in bad situations. In this instance with a man running and then being shot in the back, I can't say the shooting was justified. Also the reaction of the cop seemed very calm given the circumstances. If I were on the jury that would concern me.

It will all come down to state law. He would have a chance possibly in a state like Texas.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Another scenario might be your son and his buddy get questioned or pulled over by the police. Let' say your son and his buddy were smoking a Cig (young kid on a bike maybe) or maybe came back from rolling a house, both things they should not be doing. They get scared and take off running. It's ok to gun them down at this point because they are running from a cop right?
Old 04-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Another scenario might be your son and his buddy get questioned or pulled over by the police. Let' say your son and his buddy were smoking a Cig (young kid on a bike maybe) or maybe came back from rolling a house, both things they should not be doing. They get scared and take off running. It's ok to gun them down at this point because they are running from a cop right?
Teach your kids cops are not bad they are good and here for you ?

I never grew up in fear or a cop other than obeying the law . This guy was not a 13 year old riding a bike , he was running for a reason and once confronted he Should of stopped!

Again obey law don't run and live

That's what I will teach my kids because i was raise like that !!

I mean I'm sure this guy was not the local yourth pastor handing out bibles ! Again he ran for a reason
Old 04-08-2015, 02:40 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Teach your kids cops are not bad they are good and here for you ?

I never grew up in fear or a cop other than obeying the law . This guy was not a 13 year old riding a bike , he was running for a reason and once confronted he Should of stopped!

Again obey law don't run and live

That's what I will teach my kids because i was raise like that !!

I mean I'm sure this guy was not the local yourth pastor handing out bibles ! Again he ran for a reason
Ok, so EVERYTHING you try to teach you kid they are going to listen and abide by?

Damn, you not only have the best job in the GOM, best guide on the lake, most rookie baseball cards EVER, but you are also the World's Greatest Parent?

Now that's what I call winning!

Sarcasm off///

Kids are not going to listen to every single thing you try to teach them, W. If you honetly believe otherwise you need to spend less time chasing the almighty $ and a little more time at home.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
One thing is for certain. The law is VERY clear and it states that NO ONE, not a good semaritan with a CCL like martf, or a trigger happy officer like in the video, has the right to shoot a man in the back.

I know of a guy that shot a kid on a motorcycle cause he THOUGHT the kid on the bike was trying to run him down, the biker passed, and the guy unloads on him as he going away, That dude is now in prison for 30+ yrs. He was no longer a threat once he passed the shooter and was heading "away" is what the jury decided