SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 10-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909
Exclamation I NEED a boat!

I have guided trips booked in October and November... but I really just need to get a boat!

I tried shopping for one a couple of years ago and eventually got fed up and well, my wife got pregnant. The baby turns 1 next week, I have lots of free time during the week and I am sick of seeing stacks of trout and flounder (eh, and some reds, I prefer to eat flatties and trout) posted all over the place.

So, Looking for 21'-22' boat, would stretch to 24' boat, I have seen some sub $50k with some brief browsing.

I am not in a hurry at all, probably would be first of 2016 to pick up the boat, maybe even wait for the boat shows in the area in January and February.

I can buy all my electronics, trolling motors and whatever doodads are needed wholesale on my business accounts, many of my gun distributors are also marine distributors.

Only thing I know I want for sure is the Ipilot that links to the humminbird GPS units. That system is sick!

If you sell boats, please, contact me! Give me some recommendations.

The biggest issue I had a couple years ago was bait and switch type tactics. I would confirm a boat was in stock, drive sometimes an hour or more to go look at some boats and the dealer would have $15k of crap added to it, and stuff I didn't want. I want some nice electronics, but I have decided what I want to go with, I don't want it picked out for me!

I might get spoiled riding in these 24' guide boats. The Bluewave I was in last was Sweet, but out of the desired priced range. I shall see what I am getting into on these next few guided trips.

So basically, I have no idea what boat I want, I want to spend between $30-$50k Obviously that depends on size, I am not buying a $50k 21' boat. A used boat that could get financed would be awesome too... saving that 9% off the top.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Pm sent
Old 10-05-2015, 05:50 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Keep an eye out for low hrs rigs on 2cool. Might be one there you like from dealers and private sellers. Good luck.
Boats/boating gear/engines/trailers for sale - 2CoolFishing
Old 10-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Trophy Trout

So, as much as I would love a Bluewave 2400, it just isn't going to happen. I have narrowed down some interesting options I am going to try to check out in 1 day if I can do it!

Bullsbay 2200
Nautic Star 2200
Frontier 2104
Epic 22sc and 25sc (amazing the 25' is in the upper end of what I am willing to spend)

Also on my if the stars align wish list are the Bluewave 2400, and well any quality 24' bay boat with a few years on it. With the price of the entry level boats built by quality manufactures, these 6-8 year motor warranties being offered right now is swaying me towards a new rig.

Opinions, Hell no's, hell yeahs? I think I can visit all of these in a day, I thought the boat show was in January, but both seem to be in March, not waiting that long.

I have been looking at electronics, probably will go with Humminbird Onix with Ipilot link, I can get a set up dirt cheap through one of my distributors, they will apply my gun buying tier pricing to marine electronics as a favor/thank you of sorts. Wife is kind of on board... I already have booked guided trips through November, but after that game on. Of course I will be looking hard until then.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Redfish

Cash: 710

I have a 2010 Key West Bay Reef 24' 6" that I am going to sell. I will be asking around $35,000.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Trophy Trout

So today I looked at:

Frontier 2104 $34,500-$36,700 depending on options/dealer
Key west 210 $39,995 had electronics and trolling motor
Nauticstar 2XXX 34k and up. If I could pick the options I want on the NauticStar I might buy one, but these stupid packages are stupid.

In order of preference 22ft Nautic star, 2104 Frontier, 21 ft Nautic star, then the Key West. I just can't get the 22ft NauticStar optioned how I want.

I headed east today to look at boats, tomorrow I head west.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
So today I looked at:

Frontier 2104 $34,500-$36,700 depending on options/dealer
Key west 210 $39,995 had electronics and trolling motor
Nauticstar 2XXX 34k and up. If I could pick the options I want on the NauticStar I might buy one, but these stupid packages are stupid.

In order of preference 22ft Nautic star, 2104 Frontier, 21 ft Nautic star, then the Key West. I just can't get the 22ft NauticStar optioned how I want.

I headed east today to look at boats, tomorrow I head west.

Go check out the Sportsmans bay boats in Thibodeaux.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripley View Post
I can get u in a nice custom boat built how you want FCJ Boat for that price range and I will be selling my sponsor boat here shortly pretty cheap
Details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Go check out the Sportsmans bay boats in Thibodeaux.
Not finding anything on the google machine...

I am going to check out Cajun Outboards and Thomas Marine tomorrow, they have boats in stock I want to look at.

I am all about used boats, especially fairly new used boats. The tax laws are in my favor, I would need a dealer to do an In and out for a reasonable fee to help with financing.

Keep recommendations coming, I am looking now, and the wife unit doesn't seem opposed so I will get while the getting is good.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

I can get u in a nice custom boat built how you want FCJ Boat for that price range and I will be selling my sponsor boat here shortly pretty cheap
Old 10-07-2015, 12:12 AM
Red Snapper

www.sportsmanboatsmfg.com

Southern Outdoors & Marine
1308 Canal Blvd Thibodaux, LA 70301 985-447-4156
Old 10-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

I have my Bluewave 2400 PB for 2 seasons now and I am very pleased with the ride in sloppy conditions as well as the layout. A few things I would have designed differently but hey...it's a boat...and I have only had one that did not need some design improvement. My pop and I bought it for $42K, 2year old guide boat (that was well maintained...really...it was!) that was a trade in for a new one, 250 Yammy4, base Garmin GPS/FF, new 101 MK riptide. Only added a PowerPole. As a side...the bait wells will keep 3+ inch poagie alive all day in the summer. Don't give up on a BW...keep your eyes open.

I bought ours from Boat Stuf in Slidell.

edit- Magic tilt alumi trailer included.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 430
Default Set up

What ever rig you end up with, make sure it is set up correctly. Motor height and the right prop can make or break your performance. If you are in the area with your new rig, stop by and chat with us. www.acadianapropeller.com
Old 10-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Boat Dealerships are decades behind in the financing arena. I would have walked out with a deal today if the dealership didn't have only ONE bank they worked with. I am sitting here, run an app through XYZ bank and they will approve it and they say they don't do that... UGH.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Neighbors federal credit union
Old 10-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Cajun has a 25' epic demo with t-top for $47

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juciy View Post
Cajun has a 25' epic demo with t-top for $47

Cajun has quite a few Epic's. I do like the fish box step in the 25, but the 22 felt plenty big enough for me. It is 22-6" with the same 102" beam. Other than that step with extra box, I didn't see any differences on the boats, well other than $10k
Old 10-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Quote:
Cajun has quite a few Epic's. I do like the fish box step in the 25, but the 22 felt plenty big enough for me. It is 22-6" with the same 102" beam. Other than that step with extra box, I didn't see any differences on the boats, well other than $10k

The boat brand really does not matter, but a 24' + boat will ride better than the shorter boats. And plan better in shallow water.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Trophy Trout

This bay boat shopping thing is a lot of trouble.

So LAM was closed today. Cajun Outboards basically can't finance anything. Thomas Marine can get everything done for me on a Bulls Bay, but I am not sold on the layout. I am on the fence with Aqua Marine on the NauticStar... NauticStar makes a boat I would be happy with, but Aqua Marine doesn't "Order them like that". I might just buy a NauticStar from out of state. Has anyone ever purchased a boat from another state? How does the sales tax and registration work. I would hate to buy a boat and have to wait 2 months waiting on numbers.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
This bay boat shopping thing is a lot of trouble.

So LAM was closed today. Cajun Outboards basically can't finance anything. Thomas Marine can get everything done for me on a Bulls Bay, but I am not sold on the layout. I am on the fence with Aqua Marine on the NauticStar... NauticStar makes a boat I would be happy with, but Aqua Marine doesn't "Order them like that". I might just buy a NauticStar from out of state. Has anyone ever purchased a boat from another state? How does the sales tax and registration work. I would hate to buy a boat and have to wait 2 months waiting on numbers.

Redmond's Marine in Lafayette sells NauticStar also.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,486

LAM was closed today and will be closed tomorrow for inventory. Give them a call Monday.