Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 10-28-2015, 07:52 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeathers00 View Post
KINNICK,

First, please tell me where you work, because if you can pay cash for a boat I want to come work with you . LOL

And if all your finding in boats like that are blown, then your looking in the wrong place.

Let me know if you need help. I bet we can find you a boat by next week.
I could be wrong but I think he is trying to say he can only pay cash for an old broken down boat or finance a new boat.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:04 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909
Headknocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeathers00 View Post
KINNICK,

First, please tell me where you work, because if you can pay cash for a boat I want to come work with you . LOL

I own a gun store. I would rather finance, but it would have to be through a dealer.

And if all your finding in boats like that are blown, then your looking in the wrong place.

I was looking for blown motor boats with good hulls.

Let me know if you need help. I bet we can find you a boat by next week.

Right now I am looking, getting quotes, comparing boats, feeling out dealers. There are dealers I like that can't get what I want, there are some dealers that can get what I want that I don't want to do business with, at that point I will just order the thing from whoever and ship it in.
It blows my mind how boat dealerships work. I go into one and ask for a quote for XYZ boat with ABC motor and they tell me they can't order it with ABC motor because they are not a dealership for ABC motor. They can only order 123 motors on the packaged boats even though the manufacture offers ABC, 123 and *** motors with their boats.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:24 AM
Flounder

Cash: 449

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
It blows my mind how boat dealerships work. I go into one and ask for a quote for XYZ boat with ABC motor and they tell me they can't order it with ABC motor because they are not a dealership for ABC motor. They can only order 123 motors on the packaged boats even though the manufacture offers ABC, 123 and *** motors with their boats.

Let me tell you why.

First, many boat company's now are owned by Yamaha. Believe it or not. So they come from the factory with the motor on it already because they get huge discounts for mass purchases of motors.

Second, the Louisiana Outboard distribution rules and zoning rules mandated by the Outboard manufacturers put a lock on how far apart dealers can be from each other. Hence this forces anyone who wants to be a boat dealer to choose a motor first, or a boat brand first and take whatever Zoning rules that come with it and accept the motor they are forced to sell.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 692

Wow that's some interesting info.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

This thread is whack, I think I see an askhole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

uploadfromtaptalk1446085327051.jpg lmao. 😆
Old 10-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:

Go over to that DU thread if you think this ones busted. Where you been?
Old 10-28-2015, 10:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default Askhole!!

Quote:

Lol, you beat me to it. I was going to call Askhole a couple pages back it I was being nice.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:57 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Go over to that DU thread if you think this ones busted. Where you been?

Moved to Texas and been trying to stay out of internet fights

Old 10-29-2015, 07:41 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:

lol
Old 10-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

Man then Texans done watered you down already, you must have moved to Austin.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Man then Texans done watered you down already, you must have moved to Austin.
I'm about to install a TTop

Old 10-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

Lol or sell your boat and buy a "Technical Skiff" and sport some Orvis Prostatff stickers.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Great White

Quote:

I heard you were taking the trolling motor off too
Old 10-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Flounder

Cash: 449
Default Gooh, Margue, Alphaman

[QUOTE=Goooh;777299]This thread is whack, I think I see an askhole.

You know, ignorance is so bliss. I just love "street doctors" always telling people what they hear from person to person instead of really knowing.

YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION USA COMPLETES PURCHASE OF SKEETER BOAT COMPANY

Link/Page Citation

Page/Link:
Page URL:
HTML link: <a href="http://www.thefreelibrary.com/YAMAHA+MOTOR+CORPORATION+USA+COMPLETES+PURCHASE+OF +SKEETER+BOAT...-a017918037</a>
Citations:

announced it has completed its purchase of Skeeter Products, Inc., manufacturer of Skeeter fishing boats, based in Kilgore, Texas. Mike Shibuya, Yamaha's President, said January 31 is the effective date of the purchase.

A leading manufacturer of outboard-powered fiberglass Bass, Walleye and bay fishing boats, Skeeter is known as the pioneer of bass boats, which it first produced in 1948. Skeeter boats are sold through a national network of retail marine dealerships. Skeeter was part of Meridian Sports, Inc., a corporation which also owns other recreation- oriented companies. Yamaha plans to continue with Skeeter's current marketing direction, with only minor changes.

Skeeter President Rusty Kelley said the reaction about Yamaha with Skeeter employees was very enthusiastic and that all were excited about Yamaha coming into the bass boat market. Kelley said, "Yamaha's purchase signaled a positive change for Skeeter in the bass boat market.

"Things just keep getting better at Skeeter. We've had excellent growth the past few years, and now with Yamaha behind us, it will not only help sustain our growth, but add to our leadership reputation. We view Yamaha as the Cadillac of the industry in quality, and that's our segment of the market as well. The Skeeter-Yamaha combination is going to be the bass boat leader.

"Long term, Yamaha gives Skeeter the foundation to do some of the things we've wanted to do that we couldn't do before and take advantage of technology that's now available to us through them.

"Skeeter has an excellent reputation for quality products and is one of the standards in the fishing boat market," said Shibuya. "We are enthusiastic about the purchase, and we think it's a good match for the customer. Over the years, Skeeter has kept up its solid position with anglers by offering the right mix of boats in existing and emerging markets. Its innovations have proven themselves on the water where it counts."

"Acquiring Skeeter gives Yamaha an additional opportunity to provide dealers and their customers with a high quality bass boat and motor combination," said Phil Dyskow, Vice President, Yamaha Marine Group. He noted that Yamaha is committed to staying competitive in the important fiberglass fishing boat market.

"The marine industry has changed since our outboard introduction in 1983," said Dyskow, referring to the trend in factory-rigged boats and motors. Yamaha sees the purchase of Skeeter as an opportunity to continue as a major presence in this popular market.

In addition, Yamaha owns two other boat companies, Century Boats, in Panama City, Fla., and the Cobia Boat Company, based in Vonore, Tenn. The company also recently introduced the Exciter, a 17' twin-engine jet boat, which is produced at the Vonore facility.

Yamaha offers a full line of 108 different outboard models from 2 to 250hp, through a network of authorized marine dealers and is an OEM supplier to more than 60 boat manufacturers. "Our OEM business will continue as we always have, by providing boat builders with the finest outboard motors on the market," he concluded. Dyskow said that the OEM business is a significant portion of Yamaha Marine's overall sales, and that each builder is important to them. -0- 2/1/96

/NOTE TO EDITORS: Color transparencies or black & white photography of a Skeeter Boat with Yamaha Outboard is available. Please call if you would like one for use with this story or for your files./

/CONTACT: Mike Walker of the Walker Agency, 800-248-9687/

CO: Yamaha Motor Corp.; Skeeter Boat Co. ST: California IN: SU:

TT-KL -- LATH030 -- 3878 02/01/96 08:31 EST

COPYRIGHT 1996 PR Newswire Association LLC
Old 10-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Great White

yeah they own skeeter and g3 I think...whats your point? there are way more boat manufacturers out there than that
Old 10-31-2015, 06:17 AM
Swordfish

Default I NEED a boat!

[quote=wetfeathers00;777484]
Quote:

You know, ignorance is so bliss. I just love "street doctors" always telling people what they hear from person to person instead of really knowing.

YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION USA COMPLETES PURCHASE OF SKEETER BOAT COMPANY

Link/Page Citation

Page/Link:
Page URL:
HTML link: The Free Library.[/I] (2014). Retrieved Oct 30 2015 from http://www.thefreelibrary.com/YAMAHA+MOTOR+CORPORATION+USA+COMPLETES+PURCHASE+OF +SKEETER+BOAT...-a017918037[/LIST]

announced it has completed its purchase of Skeeter Products, Inc., manufacturer of Skeeter fishing boats, based in Kilgore, Texas. Mike Shibuya, Yamaha's President, said January 31 is the effective date of the purchase.

A leading manufacturer of outboard-powered fiberglass Bass, Walleye and bay fishing boats, Skeeter is known as the pioneer of bass boats, which it first produced in 1948. Skeeter boats are sold through a national network of retail marine dealerships. Skeeter was part of Meridian Sports, Inc., a corporation which also owns other recreation- oriented companies. Yamaha plans to continue with Skeeter's current marketing direction, with only minor changes.

Skeeter President Rusty Kelley said the reaction about Yamaha with Skeeter employees was very enthusiastic and that all were excited about Yamaha coming into the bass boat market. Kelley said, "Yamaha's purchase signaled a positive change for Skeeter in the bass boat market.

"Things just keep getting better at Skeeter. We've had excellent growth the past few years, and now with Yamaha behind us, it will not only help sustain our growth, but add to our leadership reputation. We view Yamaha as the Cadillac of the industry in quality, and that's our segment of the market as well. The Skeeter-Yamaha combination is going to be the bass boat leader.

"Long term, Yamaha gives Skeeter the foundation to do some of the things we've wanted to do that we couldn't do before and take advantage of technology that's now available to us through them.

"Skeeter has an excellent reputation for quality products and is one of the standards in the fishing boat market," said Shibuya. "We are enthusiastic about the purchase, and we think it's a good match for the customer. Over the years, Skeeter has kept up its solid position with anglers by offering the right mix of boats in existing and emerging markets. Its innovations have proven themselves on the water where it counts."

"Acquiring Skeeter gives Yamaha an additional opportunity to provide dealers and their customers with a high quality bass boat and motor combination," said Phil Dyskow, Vice President, Yamaha Marine Group. He noted that Yamaha is committed to staying competitive in the important fiberglass fishing boat market.

"The marine industry has changed since our outboard introduction in 1983," said Dyskow, referring to the trend in factory-rigged boats and motors. Yamaha sees the purchase of Skeeter as an opportunity to continue as a major presence in this popular market.

In addition, Yamaha owns two other boat companies, Century Boats, in Panama City, Fla., and the Cobia Boat Company, based in Vonore, Tenn. The company also recently introduced the Exciter, a 17' twin-engine jet boat, which is produced at the Vonore facility.

Yamaha offers a full line of 108 different outboard models from 2 to 250hp, through a network of authorized marine dealers and is an OEM supplier to more than 60 boat manufacturers. "Our OEM business will continue as we always have, by providing boat builders with the finest outboard motors on the market," he concluded. Dyskow said that the OEM business is a significant portion of Yamaha Marine's overall sales, and that each builder is important to them. -0- 2/1/96

/NOTE TO EDITORS: Color transparencies or black & white photography of a Skeeter Boat with Yamaha Outboard is available. Please call if you would like one for use with this story or for your files./

/CONTACT: Mike Walker of the Walker Agency, 800-248-9687/

CO: Yamaha Motor Corp.; Skeeter Boat Co. ST: California IN: SU:

TT-KL -- LATH030 -- 3878 02/01/96 08:31 EST

COPYRIGHT 1996 PR Newswire Association LLC

Wasn't talking about you, dumb ... The only person popping off in here is you, you need to get your face split Popeye.

I haven't even read a single one of your pointless posts yet, much less commented about you bi tch boy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446290162.527354.jpg

Last edited by Bluechip; 10-31-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Unbelievable, i guess comprehension is not up there with your vast boat knowledge.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:54 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

uploadfromtaptalk1446292430986.jpg
😆😆😆😆
Old 10-31-2015, 06:58 AM
Swordfish

Dude calls me a keyboard commando in a drawn out commando style PM.

He needs to go back to LAS with his podnas