SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316
Default venice/breton sound friday 7 10 09

fished venice friday with 2 buddies got to the spot with the sun already comin up. caught 8 on top first thing . it was kind of slow first thing but it picked up really fast once the tide started comin in we had some 12 in fish but a bunch in the 2-3 lb range . we had 75 in the boat by 10am and kept fishing throwing the largest baits we had in the tackle boxes . once that river falls a little more this place will be on fire . hey TEXAS this ones for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dddd.jpg (73.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg finger.jpg (70.1 KB, 79 views)
Old 07-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 852

Is it the finger that's for Texas, or the tongue? Because if its the tongue...could you please open your mouth a little wider, I think I got something for you!

Nice meat haul by the way!

What is the limit in La anyway? 20 and anything over 12"? I'm thinking about heading that way next Winter for some wading, y'all don't have a maximium limit do you...like here and only 1 over 25"?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

SW La. limit is 15 with only 2 over 25 inches.
The rest of the state has a 25 fish limit.
12 inch minimum for the whole state.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
SW La. limit is 15 with only 2 over 25 inches.
The rest of the state has a 25 fish limit.
12 inch minimum for the whole state.

Thanks! After I looked at that pic again, and weeded thru the 12-14'ers, I'd say you got barely a Texas limit there. Still a nice mess though.

I wish Texas would go ahead and let people keep those dinks, or 12-14's and up the limit to 15. Too many little ones don't make it and its a waste. Glad y'all at least have the 2 at 25"...even though I typically don't keep any that big.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
Thanks! After I looked at that pic again, and weeded thru the 12-14'ers, I'd say you got barely a Texas limit there. Still a nice mess though.

I wish Texas would go ahead and let people keep those dinks, or 12-14's and up the limit to 15. Too many little ones don't make it and its a waste. Glad y'all at least have the 2 at 25"...even though I typically don't keep any that big.
just wait till the river falls a bit mo' those 12-14 will dissapear and and soild 2.5-4lb specks will stack up with the occasional 6-8 lb in the mix its just a long ride to get to venice and a long a$$ boat ride if its rough hope you got dry clothes in the truck!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
just wait till the river falls a bit mo' those 12-14 will dissapear and and soild 2.5-4lb specks will stack up with the occasional 6-8 lb in the mix its just a long ride to get to venice and a long a$$ boat ride if its rough hope you got dry clothes in the truck!!!
I worked 5 years out of SW Pass, you don't have to tell me about the boat ride. Even a 40ft crew boat rounding those jetty's in 10ft seas will bring a man to lose his inards faster than a Capt Ryan/Reddy i-net love spat. Always wanted to stay and fish, but after 2 weeks of being away from home, I always opted for that long azz haul up 23, then West on 10 as fast as possible.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
I worked 5 years out of SW Pass, you don't have to tell me about the boat ride. Even a 40ft crew boat rounding those jetty's in 10ft seas will bring a man to lose his inards faster than a Capt Ryan/Reddy i-net love spat. Always wanted to stay and fish, but after 2 weeks of being away from home, I always opted for that long azz haul up 23, then West on 10 as fast as possible.
rough , fog, the river ect.... but venice is very much worth it
Old 07-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Good haul fellas! I'm working on making my way down there. As some of you know, I started a new job last week. I just found out today that they own a fairly large camp in Venice! They use it for employees and kissin @#$ to plant higher-ups. I've suddenly found a reason to REALLY like the group that I work for! I gotta get down there...SOON!!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Niccee