SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455
Default Leaking Ford

Looking to gauge some opinions. Started noticing wet dog smell in my 2015 F-150. Pull up my Weather Tec mat on passenger side and carpet is soaking wet. All the way to the back seat. Peel back carpet and there's standing water under carpet. I bring it to Courtesy Ford in Breaux Bridge where I purchased it from. I also have the extended warranty. Service guy won't even give me a loaner first off. Then tells me my extended warranty covers a rental for 6 days but doesn't cover water damage so I would end up having to pay for rental. Best part is if my truck had 36,000 miles or less, it would be covered. I have 37,000 miles!! Told him figure out what the problem is and let me know. Well just get call back from service guy to tell me it's leaking through the sunroof and they can't figure out where. Wants my permission to send to a body shop for them to look at. Then proceeds to tell me they will work up a quote from there. I told him, if it's through the sunroof, shouldn't that be covered. Tells me no. Told me that between him and I that I should call Ford and maybe they will "work" with me!! What should I do? Call attorney? Truck is practically brand new! They should be responsible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

I had a 2001 ford that burned a quart of oil every thousand miles with 29000 miles and warranty expire at 36. Dealer told me it is normal. Called ford and they told me they stand behind whatever the dealer says. Traded it in next day and it wasn't for another ford. Good luck.....
Old 01-12-2017, 06:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Learned my lesson on my first Ford. Never bought another.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Do you have a sun roof??

If so, did they check your sun roof drain tube to make sure it did not get kinked or plugged. I have a 2009 plantium with a sun roof. Started to leak water inside the truck when it rained or washing it. I was told to check the sun roof drain tube
Removed the molding and found the problem...the drain tube for some reason got kinked. If the tube does not drain the water apparently builds up in the sun rood area and ends up leaking inside the truck. Mine leaked on the front passenger side like yours is doing. Even though mine is a 2009 it may still have the same set-up / design.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Swordfish

Default Leaking Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Do you have a sun roof??

If so, did they check your sun roof drain tube to make sure it did not get kinked or plugged. I have a 2009 plantium with a sun roof. Started to leak water inside the truck when it rained or washing it. I was told to check the sun roof drain tube
Removed the molding and found the problem...the drain tube for some reason got kinked. If the tube does not drain the water apparently builds up in the sun rood area and ends up leaking inside the truck. Mine leaked on the front passenger side like yours is doing. Even though mine is a 2009 it may still have the same set-up / design.

Yes it's leaking through the sunroof. The new F-150's have this huge sunroof. It's the length of the roof, almost. Only the front half of it actually opens and slides but it's all glass. First truck I've ever had with a sunroof, of course.

They don't even know what the problem is. Have to send it to a body shop for them to look at.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609
Default Leaking Ford

I'm not sure how the extended warranty doesn't cover that. Water damage from riding in deep water probably not but if the truck is leaking then damn. Sounds like they are trying to find a way to not cover it. I bought a truck from them a few months ago and it was a nightmare.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543
Default Leaking Ford

Note to self.... Stay away from courtesy ford. I would contact ford now even though they are checking on it
Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Had a trans am with t tops and it leaked once. Had to change the gasket on it. Stunk like crazy in my car. Gave a crackhead from Jeanerette $20 to shampoo the carpet on the floors.

Sold the car after I met my now ex wife to buy an engagement ring. Big mistake
Old 01-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,523

Maybe try and bring it to Hub City to see what they say.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:56 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 631
Default leaking ford

Yes, its not a ford thing. Its a automotive warranty thing. All the manufactures will only honor the factory warranty. Ive had warranty issues with GM and a Toyota right after warranty expired.

But yes, stay away from Courtesy!!
Ive had the BEST service from Hub City Ford and Love my fords!
Old 01-13-2017, 08:00 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Drain hose from sun roof
I HAD THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM on my 2015 platinum . Sounded like water sloshing around my front passenger door . 2 week old truck .

I call sterling ford & they gave me a 2016 platinum at no charge , replaced my aftermarket tires, leveling kit , tiny and weathergaurd toolbox .

My buddy had same thing happen on his king ranch except it was leaking through drivers side pillar . Robinson brothers here in BR screwed him around and eventually fixed it

I will never buy another domestic car from anyone BUT STERLING GROUP they kick arse
Old 01-13-2017, 08:02 AM
Flounder

Cash: 640

I have a 2013 F150. This past weekend, I was visiting in Nashville, TN, and top radiator hose started dripping at the TEE connection at the Tstat housing.......Radiator hose is a dealer only part and had to wait until Monday morning when dealer opened - $159.00 for hose and plastic TEE at FoMoCo. Highway Robbery
Old 01-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Yes it's leaking through the sunroof. The new F-150's have this huge sunroof. It's the length of the roof, almost. Only the front half of it actually opens and slides but it's all glass. First truck I've ever had with a sunroof, of course.

They don't even know what the problem is. Have to send it to a body shop for them to look at.

I would assume the Ford dealership checked to see if the sun roof drain tube was not plugged or kinked? My neighbor has a 2015 plantium and yes the sun roof is big but only like half of it opens up I think. I also have a 2013 XLT and I am glad it does not have a sun roof.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:13 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Not a ford or chevy thing as much as it is a sun roof thing. I will not own a rig with a sun roof.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,645

I bought my truck from courtesy in breaux bridge on a good deal and after the first year of bringing it over there for oil changes and waiting 3 and 4 hours when i made an appointment i switched over to hub city as far as service goes. They have much better service at hub city.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

I don't own a ford but know a few people who do and they bought them from sterling. I have never once heard anyone say something bad about sterling. Seems like they take very good care of they're customers.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
I don't own a ford but know a few people who do and they bought them from sterling. I have never once heard anyone say something bad about sterling. Seems like they take very good care of they're customers.

They are awesome!
Drove to Baton Rouge to drop off my truck when I bought it , sent someone to pick it up when it leaked , send someone back with new truck / paperwork AND boudin balls from Billy's!! Signed the paperwork in my kitchen!
They are great!!
Old 01-13-2017, 03:24 PM
Redfish

Cash: 758

Call Ford, customer services & tell them your problem. Have names, dates and places. I had a problem with a GM product and had to go this rout to get it fixed. Good luck
Old 01-13-2017, 03:52 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewiseman View Post
Call Ford, customer services & tell them your problem. Have names, dates and places. I had a problem with a GM product and had to go this rout to get it fixed. Good luck
I called them early this morning. Lady was very nice and she also found it pretty unreasonable the way I have been treated so far so hopefully it turns out ok. Gave me a case number and said someone will be contacting me on Monday.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
They are awesome!
Drove to Baton Rouge to drop off my truck when I bought it , sent someone to pick it up when it leaked , send someone back with new truck / paperwork AND boudin balls from Billy's!! Signed the paperwork in my kitchen!
They are great!!
Sterling Ford in Opelousas?