SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 650
Default Mermentau River

Does any one out there fish the Mermentau River, that's where me and my kids go it's alot shorter drive and it's an easier launch to launch by myself. Kids still to young to help with that.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

i'll be fishing it alot in a few months when i move back to Jennings.....grew up fishing it...used to launch in mermentau...looking for white perch or catfish...
Old 05-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Tripletail

Well let me know i don't know it that good, I take my kids and find bream and catfish but they are easy to find. It's the Sac-a-lait that I want the are fun when you get one em. They fry up real good to.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643
Default Mermentau

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRob View Post
Does any one out there fish the Mermentau River, that's where me and my kids go it's alot shorter drive and it's an easier launch to launch by myself. Kids still to young to help with that.

I fish sac-a-lait there havent been doing that well....but i also havent been fishing alot latley. I did go ride yesterday and look at the water and found some black water in the back of Streeters. I fished for about 20 minutes and caught a small bass on a weightless worm (watermelon with green and red flake). I was going to go to the pipeline and check it out but didnt have the time due to my sons baseball game. I might go again today and check it out. Ill let you know what it looks like if I go.

Also I should be posting a catfish report soon. Im getting my things ready for a 2 day catfishing trip.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Well let me know i don't know it that good, I take my kids and find bream and catfish but they are easy to find. It's the Sac-a-lait that I want the are fun when you get one em. They fry up real good to.
Cut you some bushy trees or old christmas trees and tie them to some heavy weights... find you a good shady spot to fish and sink em. let them sit for about 1 week and then go back and fish on top of them.. Keep in mind that the average depth of the mermentau river is 35-40 feet deep..
Old 05-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Tripletail

Hey you make sure you think of ol' Rob while your pulling that 20lber in the boat, I'll be in Wed. Good luck and be careful
Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Hey you make sure you think of ol' Rob while your pulling that 20lber in the boat, I'll be in Wed. Good luck and be careful

LOL, Ill think of you. I have a job coming up in MC-582 on the Murphy Medusa... Next time we are in together ill show you some good catfish spots...
Old 05-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Tripletail

I didn't even fire up my boat once i heard it crying when I left Wed. morning. But it can get ready i'm going to fish weather the wind is blowing or not.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

rob...if ya want white perch...get you some shiners on a gold hook.. and find tree tops in the water or downed trees...best trip i had was a couple miles north of I-10 on some tree tops......try diff depths till ya find them...also if the water is too muddy it will suck...
Old 05-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Tripletail

Ready to get home tommorrow and hit the river, the lake, any body of water. There is a fish in need of a lip piercing.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Tripletail

Didn't fish here went to Big Lake and busy after that. I didn't want to subject my kids to it on Memorial Day I passed by the boat launch and it was packed.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Flounder

i gotta a camp on the mermentau river and we tear up the white perch on the dock