SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 10-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672
Default 2007 16 foot blue wave center console freedom vbay boat

Hey guys I'm hoping to get some answers on here because I tried to get some answers from the dealerships of blue waves but they never got back to me out of the whole week. This is the situation I'm having which is I got me a 2007 16 foot blue wave center console freedom vbay boat recently and I just put on a 6 inch manual jack plate for my 2005 90 hp Johnson bomberian outboard motor but before I even got to put the motor on someone mentioned to me that my shaft is too short which is 20 inch shaft so I been trying to figure out if that motor with the 20 inch shaft will be okay to use on that type of bay boat???? Someone else mentioned to me saying if the plate on the motor line up to the screen cover that goes over the live well hole on the back end of my boat at the bottom I sud be okay but I want to be safe without burning up my motor if it's not low enuf to be able to piss out water to keep the motor cool.i even checked the jack plate to have it low enuf but not sure what is the depth of my boat on the back end. I'm hoping if anyone had this same type of situation can be able to give me some answers . Trying to save money and timing .
Old 10-31-2015, 09:26 AM
Tripletail

Hey guys I'm hoping to get some answers on here because I tried to get some answers from the dealerships of blue waves but they never got back to me out of the whole week. This is the situation I'm having which is I got me a 2007 16 foot blue wave center console freedom vbay boat recently and I just put on a 6 inch manual jack plate for my 2005 90 hp Johnson bomberian outboard motor but before I even got to put the motor on someone mentioned to me that my shaft is too short which is 20 inch shaft so I been trying to figure out if that motor with the 20 inch shaft will be okay to use on that type of bay boat???? Someone else mentioned to me saying if the plate on the motor line up to the screen cover anyone had this same type of situation can be able to give me some answers . Trying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2015, 01:16 PM
Tripletail

[ATTACH][ATTACH]IMG_0697.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0695.jpg (40.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0696.jpg (41.0 KB, 65 views)