SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:50 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
really! really! the man was a paying contributing member for many years helping to keep this site going and make it better and you take a cheap shot at him like that just for giving you his honest opinion and feedback?

c'mon man, I know your under pressure but damn, he didn't deserve that at all and it doesn't represent you well to act that way.

Ratdog learn how to spell and speak
Old 10-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Sell and sale makes me chuckle
The one that gets to me is QUITE and QUIET.

Those 4 strokes sure are quite! <reggoh slams head against wall>
Old 10-05-2016, 10:59 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
really! really! the man was a paying contributing member for many years helping to keep this site going and make it better and you take a cheap shot at him like that just for giving you his honest opinion and feedback?

c'mon man, I know your under pressure but damn, he didn't deserve that at all and it doesn't represent you well to act that way.

He don like honest opinions, he just banned a man for stating his.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
He don like honest opinions, he just banned a man for stating his.
So you think you should be able to speak freely but I can't? Sorry but it isn't going to work that way. I have no problem with a constructive opinion but go read what he wrote to get banned. There was nothing constructive about that just a bunch of cheap shots. As long as I still write the checks around here I'm not coming on this site to take cheap shots from any of you guys. I never have and I won't start now. If that means nobody is left then life goes on.Now if we want to turn this thread back into something constructive I'm all for it but telling me do yourself a favor and pull the plug probably is not going to sit well.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
See, &quot;You're&quot;
I'm sure "you're" a very highly educated successful person. We are lucky to have such an intelligent person on the site. Thank you for allowing us to read your worthless posts for the last several years. You can leave now to if you don't like it.There are few of you guys that only come on here just to criticize everything that we do. I put you in that category. Spell how you like it Einstein.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:

Not a cheap shot that's how I feel about that member. He use to be very helpful to the site like many he stopped posting probably had more important things to do, I get it. I do not post as often as I should because I'm busy like you guys. Telling the me the site went to **** is not constructive so why should I be. The site is down because people aren't posting as much as they once did. READ what I wrote before that is NORMAL for a forum. It's up to you guys if you want to keep this thing alive or not. Post more if you want to keep it alive the site has been and can be a great tool for all of us and benefit many.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Not a cheap shot that's how I feel about that member. He use to be very helpful to the site like many he stopped posting probably had more important things to do, I get it. I do not post as often as I should because I'm busy like you guys. Telling the me the site went to **** is not constructive so why should I be. The site is down because people aren't posting as much as they once did. READ what I wrote before that is NORMAL for a forum. It's up to you guys if you want to keep this thing alive or not. Post more if you want to keep it alive the site has been and can be a great tool for all of us and benefit many.
but at the same time, you have to realize a lot of people have stopped posting because there is a group of long time members here who do nothing but act like trolls, criticizing them for their opinions rather then posting about the topic being discussed in that thread as well as making fun of spelling errors (as if we are in school needing to be spell checked).

you know who the trouble makers are, and while i like this site and its free format to speak your mind without over modification of the threads, there is a point where total lack of moderation has made people feel unwelcome to voice ANY opinion for fear of being attacked and made fun of. sure we all say put your big boy pants on if you want to be here at this site, but at the same time, this atmosphere tends to drive people away.

im not a premium member so my opinion doesn't count but if i could afford to give money i would because i like this place in spike of the group that spends its time doing nothing but trolling to nit pick others posts rather then add to a conversation or heaven forbid actually offer "helpful" advice.

i think you would be served very well by reconsidering just how loosely things are moderated and the level of trolling that is allowed here. not saying crack down in any way but things are in need of "some" checks and balances to not drive off most new members who join.

at times i just avoid posting because i don't want to hear i spelled something wrong or be told i don't have the right to have a contrary opinion on a subject.

i come here to relax and read about fishing reports and read about and share fishing advice but with the trolls left to run amuck unchallenged and unrestrained, life is too short to need to have to put up with stuff like that.

if the trolling is put in check then you will see people starting to post more and new members wont be leaving after being run off or made to feel unwelcomed.

please consider what i said, i only want the best for this site.
King Mackeral

Quote:
I'm sure "you're" a very highly educated successful person. We are lucky to have such an intelligent person on the site. Thank you for allowing us to read your worthless posts for the last several years. You can leave now to if you don't like it.There are few of you guys that only come on here just to criticize everything that we do. I put you in that category. Spell how you like it Einstein.
Dang, it's almost like u no me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Understand that, I guess it's just different in my eyes because I've met some of the people behind the screen names and enjoyed their company. All good people regardless of their on-line reputation.
I'd probably rank Salty Cajun at the top of my list for meeting good people and getting good fishing information.

Debates and discussion quality are higher than most of the entertainment on the internet tool

But a closer connection to "real life" works both ways, as this thread has demonstrated with what appears to be successful manipulation of the CCA Tourney process.

But for me the strength of Salty Cajun has always been the best available fishing information in Louisiana and the willingness of forum members to meet in person and go fishing. This was greatly strengthened by the annual tourney, even though many site members can't participate every year.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
but at the same time, you have to realize a lot of people have stopped posting because there is a group of long time members here who do nothing but act like trolls, criticizing them for their opinions as well as making fun of spelling errors (as if we are in school needing to be spell checked).

you know who the trouble makers are, and while i like this site and its free format to speak your mind without over modification of the threads, there is a point where total lack of moderation has made people feel unwelcome to voice ANY opinion for fear of being attacked and made fun of. sure we all say put your big boy pants on if you want to be here at this site, but at the same time, this atmosphere tends to drive people away.

im not a premium member so my opinion doesn't count but if i could afford to give money i would because i like this place in spike of the group that spends its time doing nothing but trolling to nit pick others posts rather then add to a conversation or heaven forbid actually offer "helpful" advice.

i think you would be served very well by reconsidering just how loosely things are moderated and the level of trolling that is allowed here. not saying crack down in any way but things are in need of "some" checks and balances to not drive off most new members who join.

at times i just avoid posting because i don't want to hear i spelled something wrong or be told i don't have the right to have a contrary opinion on a subject.

i come here to relax and read about fishing reports and read about and share fishing advice but with the trolls left to run amuck unchallenged and unrestrained, life is too short to need to have to put up with stuff like that
Were you on that jersey shore show?
Old 10-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
but at the same time, you have to realize a lot of people have stopped posting because there is a group of long time members here who do nothing but act like trolls, criticizing them for their opinions as well as making fun of spelling errors (as if we are in school needing to be spell checked).

im not a premium member so my opinion doesn't count but if i could afford to give money i would because i like this place in spike of the group that spends its time doing nothing but trolling to nit pick others posts rather then add to a conversation or heaven forbid actually offer &quot;helpful&quot; advice.

i think you would be served very well by reconsidering just how loosely things are moderated and the level of trolling that is allowed here. not saying crack down in any way but things are in need of &quot;some&quot; checks and balances to not drive off most new members who join.

i come here to relax and read about fishing reports and read about and share fishing advice but with the trolls left to run amuck unchallenged and unrestrained, life is too short to need to have to put up with stuff like that
Thanks for taking the time to provide this solid feedback we will certainly consider it and thank you for your contributions to the site. There is more to it then just being a premium member you guys that are not but are always posting are making the site better. Thank you.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

What ever happened to Capt Hoop?
Old 10-05-2016, 11:58 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post

I heard Jadams dropped that right hand on him. He's in a home now wearing a diaper.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Good question.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
You were a big part of what was great about the site. Now from my side I think you and others just moved on. Life got busy things happen I'm guilty of it to. If you go back and look at the gill net the fights back in the beginning were epic, way worse than anything we have had on here in years. That Adams thread is a joke compared to the W v/s state of Texas and Ryan R fights. I know you won free $200 sunglasses off of the site, good things happened we all get busy. It's the same site with less activity a natural occurrence for a forum.We are at a crossroad we can make the site great again and get the post count up or it can continue to decline. It's really up to the members. I've paid for the bandwidth so it's live.
Citica 200e, still in use. Trust me, I wish this place could go back to 2011 days
Old 10-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Old 10-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Maybe we are not mature enough to reply on fishing reports. People usually don't appreciate "constructive criticism" and nobody appreciates ridicule. Maybe the time has come to limit replies to reports. More people may post if this was the case.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075

Quote:
Good question.
He stopped post most forums. Still very vocal on the hull truth. More geared around offshore/east coast stuff this site is a lot with west side big lake guys. And no offense I have started going there more so just because of the lack of jack ***'s. I enjoy the hunting thread which keeps me coming back but I don't believe half the things I read on SC fishing just Bc most of the people don't want you fishing "their" spot. And I'm referring directly to the inshore thread. The fresh and offshore threads can be good.
I am all about free speech and I'm not one to get butt hurt just stating what I see when I come on this site vs the hull truth or 2cool. That's just my 2 cents. Take it as you want. I'd love to see this get turned around. I enjoy watching reading the fights. But coming from the outside looking in I can see how people will be turned away
Old 10-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Maybe we are not mature enough to reply on fishing reports. People usually don't appreciate "constructive criticism" and nobody appreciates ridicule. Maybe the time has come to limit replies to reports. More people may post if this was the case.

i don't think that's it, its not the constructive criticism that's the issue, i think its the "personal" criticism and comments about an expressed personal opinion rather then stick to posting on the topic being discussed.

everyone has a right to their own opinion but "some" on here feel the need to attack any opinion they don't agree with and insult people, rather then just stick to commenting on the topic of the thread or replying to specific questions or points made in the thread.

its perfectly fine to say you don't agree with someone elses opinion and say why, but putting others down and insulting them just for having differing views doesn't promote discussion it curtails it and makes people feel unwelcome here. this doesn't happen daily but it happens quite often and the results of that are in the number of members who left and just stopped posting

the gill net is the place for rude behavior and trolling NOT the regular forums. in the gill net it is expected and those posting there know its not for the easily offended but the average joe coming to post on a regular forum page isn't expecting or will stay around if he is insulted and harassed for expressing an opinion that he or she has every right to not have to feel the need to defend.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 947

Maybe more people would post open honest fishing reports if they didnt have to deal with all the BS after doing so.

Im still considered new here but from what ive seen so far its all about clicks, inside jokes, and very little to do with fishing or trying to better the sport.