SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,303

Wow!Did I start this?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

These CCA bashing threads are retarted. This is a CCA bashing thread I can read.

Let me ask you 1 question WHO ELSE IS LOBBYING AND SPEAKING FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE FISHERMAN?

Why dont you try to help the cause in a constructive manner instead of demonizing its efforts?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

when i catch fish and im hungry ill keep em , if someone ( family or friends) asks me to keep em for them cuz they dont have any sure ill keep them . i always used to keep a freeze full then i noticed by june i would still have fish from the previous july and that was with me giving away the majority i catch as well as eating a ton of fish. so for me i try throw it back if its not gonna get eatin by that week by me or who ever i give it to. as far as the big fish thing to me big trout and reds dont taste as good as the 12-14 and 16-18in reds so i try to throw em back but if you are fishing with me and wanna keep it , hey thats all on you im not here topoint the finger. sure i have fish mounted on the wall , if i catch a 9lb trout will i eat it no way , will it mount it prolly not id just get a replica made. im no bioligst but the thing ive heard is them 8-9 lb trout are on their last leg that not always but the fight of being caught messes w them bigens, that most dont live much longer, knowing this will that stop me from throwing it back? no . but like i said this is me and i dont look down on anyone who is within thier legal limits , that is your right .
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I keep a couple meals of trout in the freezer, that's all. This past winter, I ran out due to the cold and fresh water, but I had plenty of Flounder to cover us for the winter.
If CCA pushes to drop the limits, and succeeds, I will fish more days and fill the freezer up. I have plenty of time off the way I work. It's a public water, public fish. Drop the limit one more time in Big Lake and not the rest of the state and I will keep every fish, every day I fish, no matter the size, and post pictures on every fishing forum on the internet. I don't target big fish, if I catch one, it is luck. If I want to eat it or release it, that is my choice.
It's bull***** to keep crying about the limits on Big Lake and not the rest of the state.
Everyone has an agenda/opinion, but don't push them on me.
I support CCA, that is also my choice. If I want to catch fish, that's my choice. If I want to eat fish, that's my choice.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I keep a couple meals of trout in the freezer, that's all. This past winter, I ran out due to the cold and fresh water, but I had plenty of Flounder to cover us for the winter.
If CCA pushes to drop the limits, and succeeds, I will fish more days and fill the freezer up. I have plenty of time off the way I work. It's a public water, public fish. Drop the limit one more time in Big Lake and not the rest of the state and I will keep every fish, every day I fish, no matter the size, and post pictures on every fishing forum on the internet. I don't target big fish, if I catch one, it is luck. If I want to eat it or release it, that is my choice.
It's bull***** to keep crying about the limits on Big Lake and not the rest of the state.
Everyone has an agenda/opinion, but don't push them on me.
I support CCA, that is also my choice. If I want to catch fish, that's my choice. If I want to eat fish, that's my choice.

ray pretty much said.... 'em
Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
ray pretty much said.... 'em
'em and feed 'em fish heads!!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I'm not bashing you or anyone else here but just want to point something out. Alot of people say "I don't keep any fish I catch, I release them all to swim another day because I have all the fish I want at home" I have a question, how did you get all the fish you want at home? Do you go buy fish at the store to load up your freezer then pay out the anal cavity to put gas in your boat to just go out and pull a fish up then throw it back in? I'm sorry but if I'm paying damn near $3 a gallon to put gas in my boat, I'm going to keep, kill and grill EVERY legal fish I put my hands on no matter who cries or moans and groans about it! Sorry but this is just the way I feel about this whole issue. If you want to throw every fish back that you catch then I'm happy for you. But don't go around trying to make everybody and their momma do it too, especially when alot of us aren't lucky enough to have the opportunity to get out on the water as much as others.

looka here bud... I didn't say or try to persuade anyone to throw their fish back. All i said is that I'd rather not keep them. I never mentioned why. And just to let you all know, it is because I don't like cleaning fish and I dont even like the taste of fish. I just enjoy the challenge of figuring out what makes them bite and enjoy bringing them into the boat to look at. I don't give a crap if you keep them, as you can see we keep A LOT of fish ourself and only like i said before "my dad would rip my head off if i wouldnt" because he loves fish and hosting big fish fries at the house. And just to let you know the money we spend fishing is the money we don't spend on drinking or any other activities. We strictly fish and thats it.

So chill the hell out!! dangit!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Great White

whoa, jermey.... get a grabbit glove and grab that wad outta ya panties !!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
whoa, jermey.... get a grabbit glove and grab that wad outta ya panties !!!!
hey bro i'm good... just these stupid debates on what to keep and not to keep aggravate the crap out of me.

I felt like i was used as an example so i cleared that up, right quick
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

CatDaddy dont be killin no big feeshes like dat no....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0120.jpg (43.1 KB, 86 views)
Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophytroutman View Post
Wow!Did I start this?
Yea,....... and I would have left it alone if I would have known this would escalate the way it did.
Oh well, I will be at the CCA banquet in Lake Charles, supporting them and giving them my money because as stated before I believe what they do is for a good cause. I always did!
However, I am not what you would call a conservasionist, but I try.
I would love to keep all the fish I catch, but I don't, I hope that in some way by me letting a 6 lb trout go it makes a difference.
Drost, I retract my comment of you being a hypocrite, did not want to offend you. I meant CCA's concerns and actions can sometimes be misleading.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
Yea,....... and I would have left it alone if I would have known this would escalate the way it did.
Oh well, I will be at the CCA banquet in Lake Charles, supporting them and giving them my money because as stated before I believe what they do is for a good cause. I always did!
However, I am not what you would call a conservasionist, but I try.
I would love to keep all the fish I catch, but I don't, I hope that in some way by me letting a 6 lb trout go it makes a difference.
Drost, I retract my comment of you being a hypocrite, did not want to offend you. I meant CCA's concerns and actions can sometimes be misleading.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant everyone else follow?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Great White

no.... **** 'em
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
no.... **** 'em
Lmao. Beware the ban hammer son. Beware
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
Lmao. Beware the ban hammer son. Beware
He has been sent to banned camp before...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Great White

aint the first....
Old 04-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

This is turning into a pissing match,who cares.....keep them or dont keep them.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Great White

if they dont like my actions, they can suck my left one !!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
if they dont like my actions, they can suck my left one !!

I can feel my IQ dropping every time you post Jordan.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Great White

sorry you feel that way, you can ignore me if you like, its free... take this with ya...