SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 8-8-18 Lake Charles Trip

Hello all its been awhile since I been in the section of the forum. Just got back from Toledo Saturday and didn't catch as good as I'd liked and was gonna try some Crappie on the Calcasieu River this am. But I crossed over I-10 Bridge yesterday morning and saw about 20 boats out there so I asked dad if he would like to try our luck on some trout and reds in there. It's so easy to fish up here! Anyway he was ready for some drag pulling too so we met up at 210 launch this morning at sunrise and took off. Birds worked for a little while early this am in Lake Charles but u could tell they have had a lot of pressure on them and as soon as a second boat would get close they would just lay down. As far as I could tell it was mostly lady fish and gaff top under them with an occasional red. Around 845 we had had enough of em and we were going to go try up by saltwater barrier but I asked dad if he wanted to try this one spot I've caught fish many times on south bank almost to end of lake shore drive. He was all for it. Very first cast was a very nice trout that I did not expect at all. I usually release trout this size but it was first of the morning and dads scale is stuck on kilograms and not knowing what 1.86kgs is without looking it up he put it in ice chest before I gave it anymore thought lol. Ending up being a 4.2 pounder and 24 1/2 inches long. Fat one! We stayed there for almost two hours til we ran out of shrimp. We caught and boxed out limit of reds and at least another limit each of reds and put a few more smaller trout in box. Dad kept one of the larger gaff top for dog food. One of my moms recipes calls for part fish. Damn dogs eat better than I do lol. We were back at the launch wore smooth out by 1030-1045. Neither one of us expected the bite to be as good as it was and had a great time. That trout looked a lot bigger til we got it in the net. As long as we don't get a whole bunch of rain those fish will only get thicker in there as fall comes around. I will be back. Another 4600 going back to the shop to be fixed and again reds were the reason! Most of the reds were perfect eatin size 17"-19" but we did catch a few 24"ers and one over 27 that was released. Was suprised to see so many guide boats up here on such a calm morning. At least 10 guide boats up here this am but never seen anyone catching that much and most were moving around a lot. Tight lines everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1783.jpg (51.2 KB, 907 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1785.jpg (70.7 KB, 906 views)