SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Redfish

Cash: 678
Default A Nice Gift from My Father

I just had to show this off. Not bragging (ok, maybe just a little!), I'm just so pleased about this. Really I'm hoping to find a bit of info about it. My dad gave me his old .22 gun belt recently. He hasn't used it in years, and has another holster for his revolver. I got a .22 revolver last year and a holster for it, but it's not a nice gun belt like this one. I asked him about it, and he said a buddy of his took a trip to Mexico and bought it for him there. Dad doesn't remember what he paid the guy for it, it was about 40 years ago or more. Probably in the late 1960's. He said it was probably not expensive, though. It has a stamp in the leather next to what I assume is a serial number, that says "Hecho en Mexico" and "Reyes". I know that's "Made in Mexico" by "Reyes". The hammer thong is the original one, but I had to replace the leg tie-down. I just used a long leather shoe lace, which was pretty much the same thing that was there before. It had just gotten weak and broke some time over the years. Otherwise, it's in good shape for being at least 40 years old. My gun's barrel extends about 1/2' from the end of the holster, but that's ok. It holds 22 rounds of .22 cal ammo in the bullet loops. I've looked it up and can't find anything on Reyes Mexican made western gun belts. Maybe some of you are familiar with it and can tell me the approximate value. Not that the price means anything, I really like the gun belt even if it's not "valuable" money-wise. This one means a lot to me, as a fine gift from my dad. I'm just curious about it. I'd like to know maybe the name of this model, if they're still making them, etc. I'd also like to see some pictures of other Reyes gun belts. Just curious. If any of you have any info, please let me know. Thanks guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gun Belt.jpg (75.0 KB, 320 views)