SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Redfish

Cash: 874

In my opinion it's usually august/September when they start showing up inside but the last few years it was later. Hoping this year is a good year. Common spots are cove, hammock, trash pile, weeks bay, etc. I've caught trout drifting the bank between blue point and shark bayou. There are a few other spots trout may show up. You can catch a lot around the docks of the camps. im no expert but that's enough info to get anyone started. It's only a matter of time till someone puts a report on here where they slammed the trout at Caldwell and tete butte
Old 08-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 9,560

Is Tete Butte fairly easy to find? Any low spots I should be aware of on way out there?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default "What's going on?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMigues View Post
I went yesterday, started out at rigs around redfish point headed to dry reef, trash pile, mud point, found birds working in a few places pitched structure, couple short fish and 1 keeper red. water is beautiful no specks. warden checked me and said out of about 12 boats in the bay he saw 3 specks. I don't know whats going on.
I'm hearing the same thing from peeps at Grand Isle (and what i experienced recently while there) and in today's Advocate, there was an article on the annual dead zone. While the article indicated that the dead zone was not as large as it was predicted to be, it is supposedly as large as it was last year. The pix showed a red mass (illustrating the approximate size of the DZ) that seemed to be hovering just south of G.I. and extending Westward. While the pix didn't seem to show it extended all the way to Tiger Shoals, south of Marsh Island, I'm wondering if that might explain why the specks aren't showing up offshore as normal. If you couple that with Biggun's comments about all the specks being caught in VB during that tournament he was involved in, that might explain some of this. Just saying
Old 08-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,668

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
I'm hearing the same thing from peeps at Grand Isle (and what i experienced recently while there) and in today's Advocate, there was an article on the annual dead zone. While the article indicated that the dead zone was not as large as it was predicted to be, it is supposedly as large as it was last year. The pix showed a red mass (illustrating the approximate size of the DZ) that seemed to be hovering just south of G.I. and extending Westward. While the pix didn't seem to show it extended all the way to Tiger Shoals, south of Marsh Island, I'm wondering if that might explain why the specks aren't showing up offshore as normal. If you couple that with Biggun's comments about all the specks being caught in VB during that tournament he was involved in, that might explain some of this. Just saying
I know for a fact the bay has fish, I have a pretty good network it's just not plentiful as I've seen in years passed
Old 08-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 376

Specs. are at a premium from Vermilion Bay to Big Lake. Water is salty but man its hot! I think when the weather cools off a little and a couple of cool fronts pass through the fall fishing has good potential. For now maybe you have to settle for red fish in Marsh Island. Good Luck!