SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:12 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
Update:

It's totaled $23,958.03 in damages it's worth $24,378.34

I'll be looking for a new one tomorrow...

Thanks for all the help!!! I'll post pix of the new one.

Well, you have $24,378.34 to spend on a new truck.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I meant if you don't need the truck drivable immediately and have time to get the parts to fix it.

as to second hand airbag, im not talking about a used reconditioned one, im talking about a truck like his, in great condition, that was totaled, but the air bags were not deployed because it was a rear end collision. to each his own but the one in the salvage yard, provided it came from a truck interior in good condition, it is no more or less reliable then the one that was in your truck. that said its a personal choice with safety devices and if it comes to getting a new truck or getting a replacement air bag from salvage yard, it is an option is all im saying.

a truck like that, he can get all the front end parts he needs and the air bags at a very affordable price making keeping the truck worth it.
And, if that bag should fail to deploy in a subsequent collision, who would be liable?

Please don't pass that advice on to anyone ever again, as a matter of their safety. Rest assured that if what you said had ANY merit at all, insurance companies would have been trying to get us collision professionals to install used restraint systems for years!

To back up what I'm saying, here is Ford's position statement on used bags...

USE OF SALVAGED COLLISION PARTS AND AIR BAG SYSTEMS

DEARBORN, Mich., June 1, 2004 – Ford Motor Company is confident about the performance of air bag systems it designs and installs in its vehicles. However, Ford cannot be confident that air bag systems or components salvaged from other vehicles for re-use will perform properly.

Many factors may influence the integrity of salvaged air bag systems or components, such as weathering and removal techniques. In addition, air bag systems are designed for specific vehicles, with changes occurring even within specific vehicle models to accommodate technological advancements. It is possible for an air bag system or an individual air bag component to fit into an inappropriate vehicle, thereby jeopardizing the integrity of the air bag system.

For these reasons, Ford believes that only new air bag systems and components should be used to repair damaged vehicles.

Ford believes the interests of repairers and vehicle owners are best protected when new genuine Ford replacement air bag systems and components are used.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Update:

It's totaled $23,958.03 in damages it's worth $24,378.34

I'll be looking for a new one tomorrow...

Thanks for all the help!!! I'll post pix of the new one.
Make sure that they also pay your tax, title and license on the Actual Cash Value(ACV) of your vehicle. If you feel like you're getting jerked around, drop me a line.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Make sure that they also pay your tax, title and license on the Actual Cash Value(ACV) of your vehicle. If you feel like you're getting jerked around, drop me a line.
Listen to this man. He knows the business and every detail about it. Saved me a huge chunk of time and money recently when a body shop and insurance company tried to pull the wool over my eyes. The man is a PROFESSIONAL!
Old 12-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
Listen to this man. He knows the business and every detail about it. Saved me a huge chunk of time and money recently when a body shop and insurance company tried to pull the wool over my eyes. The man is a PROFESSIONAL!
Thanks for the kind words. While I don't know every aspect of the business, I'm big on advocating for those who don't know it at all. There's some really crappy things that insurers and even some shops are willing to do to increase profits. Rest assured, your safety isn't their shareholders concern nearly like their profits are!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
And, if that bag should fail to deploy in a subsequent collision, who would be liable?

Please don't pass that advice on to anyone ever again, as a matter of their safety. Rest assured that if what you said had ANY merit at all, insurance companies would have been trying to get us collision professionals to install used restraint systems for years!

To back up what I'm saying, here is Ford's position statement on used bags...

USE OF SALVAGED COLLISION PARTS AND AIR BAG SYSTEMS

DEARBORN, Mich., June 1, 2004 – Ford Motor Company is confident about the performance of air bag systems it designs and installs in its vehicles. However, Ford cannot be confident that air bag systems or components salvaged from other vehicles for re-use will perform properly.

Many factors may influence the integrity of salvaged air bag systems or components, such as weathering and removal techniques. In addition, air bag systems are designed for specific vehicles, with changes occurring even within specific vehicle models to accommodate technological advancements. It is possible for an air bag system or an individual air bag component to fit into an inappropriate vehicle, thereby jeopardizing the integrity of the air bag system.

For these reasons, Ford believes that only new air bag systems and components should be used to repair damaged vehicles.

Ford believes the interests of repairers and vehicle owners are best protected when new genuine Ford replacement air bag systems and components are used.
good point
Old 12-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Picking this 1 up tomorrow ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449546700.153594.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1449546713.343783.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2015, 11:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Picking this 1 up tomorrow Attachment 98717Attachment 98718

Nice choice! Red isn't my favorite color but that truck is pretty sharp! Congrats
Old 12-08-2015, 02:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

NICE. Red is hard to live with but looks sweet when it's clean and shined up.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Picking this 1 up tomorrow Attachment 98717Attachment 98718

Nice. My good friend videod a brand new 2 day old F-150 fully engulfed in flames. He stopped to help the guy. The guy said he left the redlight and heard a noise, he took off and not 1 mile down the road it was on fire.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:13 AM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Thanks guys!

I am a Cajun fan so I like red
Old 12-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

I think the Chevy's look better than the new Fords. Nice truck.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl8200 View Post
I think the Chevy's look better than the new Fords. Nice truck.
But it's a POS chevy. U know, junk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

Well I hope you didn't hurt too many feelings with that statement. There are people on this site that cant take a little jab. Some people get butthurt really easy on this site. You know who you are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post

Old 12-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Flounder

Cash: 617
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post

I own both, 3, 2000hd Chevys on my farm as service trucks, the one with least miles is 180k, the most 258k, all gas, have an 08 f150 fx4 with only 48k sitting at home. The Chevys give me less problems and I put them thru hell. But I love my ford..... So y'all can't say I'm biased...
Old 12-08-2015, 10:14 PM
Flounder

Cash: 617
Thumbs up

And I have an 84 Chevy short wheel base sitting on 38's with a 97 vortec motor, carb on top, bout to put fuel injection.....bought the truck with no motor when I was 19 and did all the work myself, turning 40 in January and still love my ole bow tie!
Old 12-09-2015, 12:47 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardad View Post
And I have an 84 Chevy short wheel base sitting on 38's with a 97 vortec motor, carb on top, bout to put fuel injection.....bought the truck with no motor when I was 19 and did all the work myself, turning 40 in January and still love my ole bow tie!
Awesome!!! I'd love to see some pics of that beast!