SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584
Default Feeling a little down and proud

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1203.JPG

1653459_664883360268048_3652821412423382146_n.jpg

Daughter left last week for Athens.......She will be getting her masters in Pshycology and has a major in sociology as well.

The little bottles of sand are from her trips to the beach when she was in grade school.........she brought them back for me.......this was when her mother and I were going through a divorce......ashamed to think what was going through that little mind back then........

At 16 she moved out of my house, in with her mother, an I almost never got to see her.......then at 20 she started coming around again.....

Now I am getting text almost daily......"dad, I am gonna miss you" "dad, let's stay close"...."dad, promise to come visit me".......

Headed to 50 on the 19th........life as sure taken some twist with me and my kids.......and now grandkid........

love them kids fellows.......and let no one shame you for it!
Old 08-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Keep your head up brother. Life throws some curve balls but you gota swing if you're ever gona hit it.
It looks like you have a smart, beautiful, and happy young woman that you should be very proud of. Good luck to both of you.
Happy Birthday bro. I'll be 39 on the 19th.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:58 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,824

It's hard to watch them leave the nest.... I feel your pain but time marches on.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Attachment 72839

Attachment 72838

Attachment 72837

Daughter left last week for Athens.......She will be getting her masters in Pshycology and has a major in sociology as well.

The little bottles of sand are from her trips to the beach when she was in grade school.........she brought them back for me.......this was when her mother and I were going through a divorce......ashamed to think what was going through that little mind back then........

At 16 she moved out of my house, in with her mother, an I almost never got to see her.......then at 20 she started coming around again.....

Now I am getting text almost daily......"dad, I am gonna miss you" "dad, let's stay close"...."dad, promise to come visit me".......

Headed to 50 on the 19th........life as sure taken some twist with me and my kids.......and now grandkid........

love them kids fellows.......and let no one shame you for it!

You are a lucky man.....Mine left to Kansas after she graduated and turned 18. I never attended the wedding I didn't know about till it was done. I have 3 grandkids now I only see a couple weeks a summer. Maybe on christmas if the weather is good for the drive here. I go to church every week and give of my extra time and do whatever i can for the sick and needy children of my community. I don't know where i went wrong but if that girl say go visit you best go. She is inviting you, don't blow it. There are a lot of needy kids around. Please give what you can to them.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
You are a lucky man.....Mine left to Kansas after she graduated and turned 18. I never attended the wedding I didn't know about till it was done. I have 3 grandkids now I only see a couple weeks a summer. Maybe on christmas if the weather is good for the drive here. I go to church every week and give of my extra time and do whatever i can for the sick and needy children of my community. I don't know where i went wrong but if that girl say go visit you best go. She is inviting you, don't blow it. There are a lot of needy kids around. Please give what you can to them.
Yea man that's a tough one.......

She and I are good, but it's hard to see her go.
She gets that sense of indendence honestly........
Old 08-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

She gets that sense of indendence honestly........

Thats a good thing man..... Thats how mine was and at least I aint got to worry about her take'n doo doo off nobody. Maybe thats the way I taught her and just didn't realize it. sure would be nice to have them grandkids closer though.