PDA

View Full Version : Henderson

Opinions_Vary
05-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Went to Henderson with High Tide yesterday after work. Caught a bunch of goggle eye, small Sac au lait, and little bass. Thick grass everywhere. Towed a guy in that had a few very nice sac au lait in his boat. Hopefully with no storms and no fish kills this summer Henderson will be on fire next year.;)

fishmaster911
05-05-2010, 12:27 PM
U'll see me out there more and more in the near future

Armand16
05-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Went to Henderson with High Tide yesterday after work. Caught a bunch of goggle eye, small Sac au lait, and little bass. Thick grass everywhere. Towed a guy in that had a few very nice sac au lait in his boat. Hopefully with no storms and no fish kills this summer Henderson will be on fire next year.;)

Ive been hearin some good reports as well. You really have to know where to go though. Hopefully next the action will be a bit more widespread.

blackmamba
05-05-2010, 12:58 PM
It sure is nice to see some trailers at the launch and hopefully we are spared this hurricane season. The bass do look healthy and I will be throwing the bass I catch back for the next couple of years

Opinions_Vary
05-05-2010, 02:21 PM
It sure is nice to see some trailers at the launch and hopefully we are spared this hurricane season. The bass do look healthy and I will be throwing the bass I catch back for the next couple of years
I am going to do the same thing even though i did it after Rita and we were only rewarded with another fish kill after the storm 2 years ago:pissed:. I wish they could do something to prevent the fish kills after the storms. I really enjoy going there in the afternoons, scratches the itch in between Saltwater weekends.

fishmaster911
05-05-2010, 02:34 PM

It was nice catching a few Sunday !

blackmamba
05-05-2010, 03:12 PM
It was nice catching a few Sunday !

Yes it was brotha. Im itchin to go back and see more of that place that ive never seen. I may go 2moro evening...Holla when you get off work IF they let you leave on time.

blackmamba
05-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I am going to do the same thing even though i did it after Rita and we were only rewarded with another fish kill after the storm 2 years ago:pissed:. I wish they could do something to prevent the fish kills after the storms. I really enjoy going there in the afternoons, scratches the itch in between Saltwater weekends.

I wish they could figure something out too..

ForkedIslandFabio
05-05-2010, 04:14 PM
it would be real nice.

specktator
05-05-2010, 04:15 PM
it would be real nice.

Dude that's a top 5 Salty Cajun username fa sho! Lmao!

ForkedIslandFabio
05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
what is?

specktator
05-05-2010, 05:02 PM
what is?

your username

"Forked Island Fabio" I love it! cracks me up everytime i see it!

ForkedIslandFabio
05-05-2010, 05:03 PM
thanks,my dad takes claim for it.

specktator
05-05-2010, 05:17 PM
thanks,my dad takes claim for it.

Priceless

ForkedIslandFabio
05-05-2010, 05:24 PM
hahaha where ya fish?

specktator
05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
hahaha where ya fish?

Big Lake and GI. I duck hunt in Pecan Island so I drive through your stomping grounds a good bit in the fall.

Country Boy
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
did not go to henderson but we did go to whisky bay this past weekend caught lots of sac a lait but they was not too big, had fun though

By-Catch
05-06-2010, 06:15 AM
I fished Henderson Tuesday morning for a couple of hours out my kayak near the Butte La-Rose landing. Water looked good and caught several small bass that must be from the restock program. The only one of any size was a just under 14". Caught everything on a watermelon baby Brushog near the edges of the grass. The people I talked to that were perch fishing were doing really well. Looks good for the future of the area.
Fished Big Alabama bayou a couple of times and did better in there, still not any really big Bass, the biggest about 2 1/2 lbs.
pics of from Tuesday the smaller bass was the size I was mostly catching.

RaginCagin
05-06-2010, 11:48 AM
I love Henderson and glad it is on the rebound. I caught my biggest bass a 8.1 there in the texaco canal 5 years ago. Have not fished it in 2 years b/c the fishing was so bad.

EPaul
05-06-2010, 08:05 PM
By-Catch, did you fish Big Alabama this spring? I have been hesitant to go there thinking that there must have been a fish kill over there just like in Henderson. Was it worth the trip? I love fishing there!

ForkedIslandFabio
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
i sure hope the fishing gets good for bass there because,that is the closest fishing spot next to my house.30 min.

By-Catch
05-07-2010, 05:52 AM
The last 2 trips I made to Big Alabama were about 2 weeks ago. Water has started dropping alot the last month and is very clear on the south end. I caught well on perch and plenty Bass just no big ones. Here are a couple of pics from my last trip the beginning of last week.
Lot's of Choupic hitting your soft plastics.

mallard matt
05-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Fished in Henderson this morning out the pirouqe.Caught ten huge sacalait and a bunch of small one.Happy as could be to see that Henderson is on the rebound.A friend who lives there said he caught 40 huge brim around the northern flats

ForkedIslandFabio
05-07-2010, 10:46 PM
bass,bream,sac-a-lait,thats all i ask for.

EPaul
05-13-2010, 06:57 AM
I went to Big Alabama on Sunday, May 9 with a buddy. Caught about 8 small bass, only one keeper size. Also caught a goo, a gar, a goggle eye and some VERY small sacalait (I brought them home for my son's aquarium). The highlight of the day, unfortunately, was the choupique bite. We caught quite a few and lost many more. But, it was a beautiful day in a beautiful area that was out of the wind. It was worth the trip just to get out of the house. Most of the fish were caught on red shad power worms...choupique love them!

slick143
05-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Any tips on where to go in Henderson for some perch and bass

Opinions_Vary
05-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Any tips on where to go in Henderson for some perch and bass

You can fish by the boulevard by the private launches, or you can fish the phillips canal got some reports from there, or north and south bijeaux (I know I spelled that wrong). Also, If you want to catch bass don't pass up any points, stop and fish those with a crank bait.

slick143
05-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Thank's:D