PDA

View Full Version : Do you tinker with your lures to make them better?

evangler
05-05-2010, 06:39 AM
9 out of 10 anglers are confirmed fiddlers.

We can’t help ourselves. If a particular crankbait, spinnerbait or topwater is catching a lot of fish, just think how much better it would be after we add our own touch.

Fiddling, we believe, will give us the upper hand over our competition because we can create a lure that nobody else is fishing. And if nobody else is fishing it, that means the fish haven’t seen it.

Fiddling, we believe, will give us the upper hand over our competition because we can create a lure that will work in places that other anglers can’t fish. And if we can fish places where other anglers can’t fish, that means we’re fishing unmolested fish.

Fiddling, we believe, will give us the upper hand over our competition because we can create a lure with a unique sound that the fish aren’t used to hearing. And if the fish aren’t used to hearing it, that means they’re going to be more attracted to our lure than everybody else’s.

Do you stick your buzzbaits out the window while you’re driving down the highway?

I do, and if the ear-piercing squeak aggravates the bass half as it does me by the time I get home from the tackle shop… man, they’re going to bust it just because they’re mad at it.

Read the rest at http://evangler.com/2010/05/05/fiddling-with-fire/