PDA

View Full Version : Thank's Southshore Marine

Jo-boater
05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
:)I just received my new depth finder Thursday. I ordered from Southshore Marine and am very pleased with their service. The website was easy to order from, selection was good, speed of delivery excellent, and the prices were as good or better than most of the "big boys" (Cabela's etc.). Thanks again. I enjoy getting good service from local people. Just a little positive feedback from a satisfied customer.:)

jlincecum
05-22-2010, 03:54 PM
:confused:no pics?????

Sea-Trac Offshore
05-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Very happy to help you. Please give me some feedback after using that unit as I have been very interested in one myself.

Jo-boater
05-22-2010, 04:36 PM
:confused:no pics?????
Here is a pic. I haven't mounted it yet. I just ordered a Ram Mount for it, when it comes in I will finish mounting it.

Jo-boater
05-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Very happy to help you. Please give me some feedback after using that unit as I have been very interested in one myself.
;)Sure thing.

Sea-Trac Offshore
05-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Wish I knew you needed a ram mount. I carry many other items just do not have them loaded to the site as of yet

Jo-boater
05-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Wish I knew you needed a ram mount. I carry many other items just do not have them loaded to the site as of yet
The instructions call for a 3 amp inline fuse. I am not sure how these are installed. Do you have any of these or know what type would be best and where to get it? I just got finished mounting the transducer.

Sea-Trac Offshore
05-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Where are you picking up your power at for the power cable? You need to butt connect one on the positive side of the power cable. Is there not one in the package? All Lowrance units come with them...

Jo-boater
05-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Where are you picking up your power at for the power cable? You need to butt connect one on the positive side of the power cable. Is there not one in the package? All Lowrance units come with them...
There was none in the package or in the bag with the mounting hardware. I just went and checked the packaging again.

Sea-Trac Offshore
05-22-2010, 07:57 PM
I know all Lowrances I have installed came with them I do not know why that model did not. well.... You can get one at West Marine or pretty much any part stocking dealer. Even radio shack. I like the glass fuses. While there get some dielectric grease and put some in the fuse holder as well.

Jo-boater
05-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the help. It sounds easy enough.

Sea-Trac Offshore
05-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Very easy.

Jo-boater
06-09-2010, 10:59 PM
It took a while but I finally got to go run my boat since I installed the Fishfinder. It worked very well, and I am very pleased with the unit. It has a super clear display and very easy to use with a lot of detail. Most of the water that I take my Jo-boat in is shallow, so I had it in the shallow water mode which seemed to work good. The deepest water we had today about 32 feet. When the water transitioned quickly from deep to shallow the unit would blink for a short time then catch up. But some of that may have been due to extra surface bubbles caused by the very bent out of shape bottom on my 1969 model Qua****a jo-boat. Thanks again Southshore Marine for a good deal on a good unit and the little hook tips afterwards.:)

Jo-boater
06-09-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't know what all the **** are for in the above post. I did not put them there. Did I do something wrong, it is only the makers name of my boat and also the name of an Indian tribe.

LaAngler
06-09-2010, 11:28 PM
word filter