PDA

View Full Version : Boat launches West of Cocodrie

JDd
05-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Since the gulf is closed in my neck of the woods, GI & Fourchon, where can I launch west of Cocodrie to make a few snapper trips?

fishinpox
05-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Since the gulf is closed in my neck of the woods, GI & Fourchon, where can I launch west of Cocodrie to make a few snapper trips?

id like some of this info also!

calcutta37
05-24-2010, 08:48 PM
you cant leave out of cocodrie? thought you would be able to at least leave out of there and go wherever you wanted is there someone stopping you?

calcutta37
05-24-2010, 08:49 PM
you could go out of burns point?

JDd
05-24-2010, 08:56 PM
you cant leave out of cocodrie? thought you would be able to at least leave out of there and go wherever you wanted is there someone stopping you?

No, but Coco Marina is full of oil spill equipment and I think that many people are going to also try launching there. I would rather pull the boat a few more mile and get out of some of the traffic.

YellaBlazer
05-24-2010, 10:18 PM
No, but Coco Marina is full of oil spill equipment and I think that many people are going to also try launching there. I would rather pull the boat a few more mile and get out of some of the traffic.

My plan was to leave from Coco Marina as well. I figured it would be busy too, but I'm not familiar with running any passes west of Wine Island pass.

If you find another marina farther west that caters to offshore fisherman, let me know as well.

meaux fishing
05-24-2010, 10:33 PM
what about launching out of Jugs in Dularge? how big is the boat? Cypremort Point or Burns Point maybe...

all star rod
05-25-2010, 01:34 AM
what about launching out of Jugs in Dularge? how big is the boat? Cypremort Point or Burns Point maybe...

From looking at the closure map on the LDWF site, it looks like access to the gulf from Jugs is closed.
Wish some one could verify.

JDd
05-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Looks like the western border moved west.

http://sero.nmfs.noaa.gov/sf/deepwater_horizon/BP_OilSpill_FisheryClosureMap_052510.pdf

Might be closer to go to Mississippi

Montauk17
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM
I would launch at cypremort point. Burns point is closer,but the water at the launch is very shallow. Only bad thing is with the high river you will need to go pretty far out to get to snapper waters.