PDA

View Full Version : big lake today

speckdaddy
06-27-2009, 06:15 PM
me and my son tristan went to the lake today on the south end and fought nasty water and light winds .we managed ta get on a good flounder bite. no spex,few small red throw backs. but all in all, we had fun. came back ta lafayette in time ta take him see transformers 2.wooooo that meagan fox is smokin!!!lol enjoy these few pics;)

"W"
06-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Why is the Head of one of the Flounder cut almost off? Did you have to get so violent?

speckdaddy
06-27-2009, 06:21 PM
no not violent, my boy was hackin his head off ta get his jighead out!!!! he said that it was his best jighead!? he just wanted ta play with the pliers i guess.

speckdaddy
06-27-2009, 06:22 PM
guess he set the hook too hard huh?*****!!!!

LittleRob
06-27-2009, 06:31 PM
What were the flounder biting on. Shrimp or artificial

speckdaddy
06-27-2009, 06:33 PM
my boy fished the molting gulp shrimp. i threw my grub in glow. they were slammin the grub though.

Salty
06-27-2009, 06:45 PM
speckdaddy, there must be alot of flounder in Big Lake. Seems like at least one is caught almost every trip. Glad y'all did good. :)

speckdaddy
06-27-2009, 07:11 PM
yeah we did ok. we had a blast watchin the porpoises too they must be mating cus they were playin on top of each other and really actin funny. i dont really target flounder, they are usually a by catch but if ya drag the bottom as much as i do, ya bound ta hook up. i really think the lake has a great flounder fisheries maybe partly in fact that they arent targeted enuff except by bruce, he always catches a big un. i like that color bomber but cant find it. any help salty?

Salty
06-27-2009, 07:32 PM
yeah we did ok. we had a blast watchin the porpoises too they must be mating cus they were playin on top of each other and really actin funny. i dont really target flounder, they are usually a by catch but if ya drag the bottom as much as i do, ya bound ta hook up. i really think the lake has a great flounder fisheries maybe partly in fact that they arent targeted enuff except by bruce, he always catches a big un. i like that color bomber but cant find it. any help salty?

Man, you must be a finicky eater if flounder is bycatch. :)

I can't help ya with that color. Won't find it anywhere.

speckdaddy
06-27-2009, 08:10 PM
that color looks"man made" hint hint !!! is there anyway ta make them bombers run a lil shallower?

Salty
06-27-2009, 08:19 PM
that color looks"man made" hint hint !!! is there anyway ta make them bombers run a lil shallower?

Naw, it's a factory finish.

If you're having a problem with a B15 Series Bomber running too deep...you're fishin' too shallow. You gotta hold your rod tip down and really grind to get it 2' deep. With a 7-7 1/2 rod, hold your tip at 11:00 and work the bait as shallow as you want. If you want to make it run super shallow...you can sand the bill but ya gotta be careful and not screw it up.

Deadly D
06-27-2009, 09:16 PM
me and my son tristan went to the lake today on the south end and fought nasty water and light winds .we managed ta get on a good flounder bite. no spex,few small red throw backs. but all in all, we had fun. came back ta lafayette in time ta take him see transformers 2.wooooo that meagan fox is smokin!!!lol enjoy these few pics;)
Iam glad you was hidding somewhere cause the wind was blowing on the lake. Imanaged to pick up 13 keepers. What a tuff morning

BIGJ
06-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Deadly D,
You are not lying. Today was one tough day of fishing. I was saying to myself if anybody has 10 keepers today they are a h*** of a fisherman.

Deadly D
06-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Deadly D,
You are not lying. Today was one tough day of fishing. I was saying to myself if anybody has 10 keepers today they are a h*** of a fisherman.
I just lucked up on one reef and picked up 8 and then it was one here one there

speckdaddy
06-28-2009, 06:24 AM
yep i stayed outta the wind as much as i could cus of my son. dont wanna get in sum bad conditions and ruin it for him. we had fun. thats all that matters!!!!! great catch deadly d