PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Gulp

Jo-boater
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Used some berkley gulp swimming mullets the other day and they worked pretty good, but the tails kept getting bit off. Has anyone ever tried soaking some other soft plastics; such as mirro-lure, in the gulp solution. Just curious to know if anyone had any success with the scent staying on the bait.

longcast
08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Same prob here. After they bite the tails off keep the body. U can use what's left to tip other soft plastics.

Jo-boater
08-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Same prob here. After they bite the tails off keep the body. U can use what's left to tip other soft plastics.
I haven't thought of doing that, sounds like a good idea. I had left the body on the jig head by itself and got a few bites but of course it didn't have any kind of action at all.

Jordan
08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
jo, i bought a 100 pack of the glow/chart cocahoe minners a while back and i bought a quart?? of the new penny gulp and used the shrimps, then marinated the minners in it. Caught several trouts on them minners one time, switched to one minner w/o the gulp scent, they wouldnt touch it. I reckon they work. I poked a few holes in the minners with a needle. Seemed to put the slick out real well

Jo-boater
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
jo, i bought a 100 pack of the glow/chart cocahoe minners a while back and i bought a quart?? of the new penny gulp and used the shrimps, then marinated the minners in it. Caught several trouts on them minners one time, switched to one minner w/o the gulp scent, they wouldnt touch it. I reckon they work. I poked a few holes in the minners with a needle. Seemed to put the slick out real well
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll give it a shot.

Jordan
08-04-2010, 12:17 PM
no problem

mikedatiger
08-05-2010, 06:43 PM
the swimming mullets catch fish, but their durabilty is terrible. you only get one or two fish per bait if you're lucky and i can't get the fish to bite without the tail. the gulp are super absorbent, and i don't think you get the same effect by just throwing other baits in the scent although it never hurts to try...

Dink
08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I drop normal baits in the juice, it works......I've also used the gulp chum bucket.......it works too......big slick behind the boat!!

meaux fishing
08-05-2010, 06:55 PM
I drop normal baits in the juice, it works......I've also used the gulp chum bucket.......it works too......big slick behind the boat!!
LMAO

fishinpox
08-05-2010, 07:07 PM

***** heard that story ..........:*****: