PDA

View Full Version : I had sworn off Vermillion bay.......till this!!!

Dink
06-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I put in at the public launch and headed down the canal to open water........as I passed the rocks on the left, which I've done everytime I've gone there, I decided to stop and fish them.....why not?? I fished with cracked crab on a red 1/2 oz jig head, 1ft under a 1oz weighted popping cork with steal leader and this is what I caught!!!! I 've never seen trout with the spots in a line down the side before, figured it was some wierd deformity, but I caught 9 of these!! Must have been from imbreeding or something???

Capt. Ryan Rachunek
06-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice snook..... Did you get a weight on her???

"W"
06-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Too bad that nasty Bay dont have water that good looking........HAAAAAAAAAA

Deadly D
06-30-2009, 05:28 PM
I see you went after them snook. They are a kick in the b u t t :)

Dink
06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Ryan, I don't think I had one under 15lb...........I'd never caught one before, they got some shoulders on em!!! I thought I'd foul hooked a shark at first........I laughed the whole trip......

B-Stealth
06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Your lying, I recognize that rock jetty and its defiantly at Grand Bayou in Big Lake. I heard that some Tarpon are running through there also.

Dink
06-30-2009, 05:31 PM
B-stealth.............sssshhhhhh!!!! I don't want the wiers to get any more crowded!!!

Salty
06-30-2009, 05:31 PM
I put in at the public launch and headed down the canal to open water........as I passed the rocks on the left, which I've done everytime I've gone there, I decided to stop and fish them.....why not?? I fished with cracked crab on a red 1/2 oz jig head, 1ft under a 1oz weighted popping cork with steal leader and this is what I caught!!!! I 've never seen trout with the spots in a line down the side before, figured it was some wierd deformity, but I caught 9 of these!! Must have been from imbreeding or something???

Nice job, Tim....and all on light tackle. :*****:

Capt. Ryan Rachunek
06-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Ryan, I don't think I had one under 15lb...........I'd never caught one before, they got some shoulders on em!!! I thought I'd foul hooked a shark at first........I laughed the whole trip......

They are a blast..... We've got a good topwater snook bite in SPI....

Hebert
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
nice..how do they taste?

flounder_smacker
06-30-2009, 06:48 PM
if vbay had water like that id jizz in my pants.

speckdaddy
06-30-2009, 06:53 PM
what did i tell ya tim great fishin huh? great lookin fish congrats

LaAngler
06-30-2009, 07:28 PM
nice tim!

i wouldn't mind that right there being my next boat, MA 21...

trout weren't biting?

Dink
06-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Speck......They are a kick in the *** I tell ya what! I used the lightest rod an reel he had. Was a 15 to 20 minute fight w/ every fish!! Question.........why do all the other snook follow the hooked one in?? I've never seen anything like it! I had to be careful to grab the hooked one and not one of the straglers........Oh and they use 12in croakers for bait over there!! For snook and trout! The fish are huge!!!!...........Bruce........Only one trout, the one I sent your phone.....We got there a little late, and the blue fish were ALL over my little green back baits........The trout couldn't get it faster than them.........

speckdaddy
07-01-2009, 05:00 PM
the guide told us they were following cus its their mating season.dunno if thats true