PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Bend Nights 7-29 & 7-30

Purple Back
08-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Fished this past weekend up at Toledo, everything went well, caught our limits both nights.

Top five fish Friday night went 24.5 lbs. Top five fish Saturday night went 21 lbs.

Fished around the Indian Mounds, all fish come off of Texas rigged or Carolina rigged worms in about 12-18 ft of water. Main color of choice was June Bug. Caught fish when we found good Hydrilla.

Had one about 8 wrap around some ones trout line. By the time I got my knife out it was to late.:pissed: But thats fishing.....

Sorry about the picture but all we had was a camera phone.

wtretrievers
08-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!!! I love fishing at night.

jpeff31787
08-05-2010, 07:45 AM
damn looks like some awesome fishing! How long would ya'll stay out? I've never been to toledo bend or even night fishing for bass. Might have to go give it a shot at some local lakes or something

speckinabox
08-05-2010, 07:55 AM
damn looks like some awesome fishing! How long would ya'll stay out? I've never been to toledo bend or even night fishing for bass. Might have to go give it a shot at some local lakes or something

When i was a kid all we used to do was night fish for bass on Toledo. Caught some of my biggest bass at night. My dad was in a fishing club and they woulld have night tourny's all the time.

Purple Back
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM

From 7 pm to 6 am.

Purple Back
08-05-2010, 12:46 PM
When i was a kid all we used to do was night fish for bass on Toledo. Caught some of my biggest bass at night. My dad was in a fishing club and they woulld have night tourny's all the time.

Whats up big daddy, what you been up too?

Yeah this time of year I seem to catch better fish at night.

Dink
08-05-2010, 12:54 PM
There was an o ernight tourney when I was at cypress bend park last month........there's no sleeping in when the bass boats are doing 60 in rough water to make weigh in!!!!

Purple Back
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
You probably heard me a time or two this past month, I don't cut her no slack baby.............:D

Jordan
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
You probably heard me a time or two this past month, I don't cut her no slack baby.............:D

Im going to have to silently potlick you.....:grinpimp:

jpeff31787
08-05-2010, 01:36 PM
From 7 pm to 6 am.

oh lord!! I hope the bite is steady all night or i'd be one passed out little dude

wtretrievers
08-05-2010, 01:41 PM
oh lord!! I hope the bite is steady all night or i'd be one passed out little dude
It's so much more peaceful on the water at night. I've fished False River at night during the week alot, I've been fishing & seen Ol man Bonaventure closing his store, "several" hours late i'd be putting my boat on the trailer & he would be opening the store back up.

I'm a firm believer that fishing at night during the "dog days" of summer you will catch more & bigger fish, especially bass.

Purple Back
08-05-2010, 03:00 PM

You would be surprised how fast it passes by.......then again I have a sickness when it comes to fishing,....... but don't we all?

speckinabox
08-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Whats up big daddy, what you been up too?

Yeah this time of year I seem to catch better fish at night.

Slavin at work trying to get some time to fish.

eman
08-05-2010, 08:08 PM
It's so much more peaceful on the water at night. I've fished False River at night during the week alot, I've been fishing & seen Ol man Bonaventure closing his store, "several" hours late i'd be putting my boat on the trailer & he would be opening the store back up.

I'm a firm believer that fishing at night during the "dog days" of summer you will catch more & bigger fish, especially bass.
You've probably seen me then.
There used to be a group of us that walked the piers at bonaventures to fish. All night at least 3 nights a week.
fish from end of jan. to middle of april. then weekends when it warmed up.
Most folks would just laugh at us cause they were going out in a boat and we were stuck on the bank.
Every one of our group has a pier caught bass over 7 lbs.
Mine is 10.36 lbs and on my wall.
keep laughing. I tried to enter the cookie jar every fri night .They wouldn't let me . said i could leave and fish somewhere else. i think they were just scared.:eek: