PDA

View Full Version : Out of Freshwater City

jpeff31787
07-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Going to help get this board going also.

Our good friend Andre B brought out Daniel, Tony, Brett(my brother), Dad, Andre's g/f and one of her friends, and I to blue water on sunday. It was for 3 of us, our first blue water trip. Couldn't of asked for more!! First rig we get to had us with our limit of snapper in the boat with our first two cast each lol Don't really know why the limit is only 2 per person, because every rig we stopped at produced red snapper on every throw. Got tired of catching them on heavy tackle so I pulled out my bass rod that I brought from home baited with a Chug-Bug. :confused: I figured what the hell lets throw it out there. So I threw it out there and BAM got smashed by some small Amberjacks and everything else you could figure but nothing would get hooked. So I put on a chrome rattle trap and was pulling in 20in red snapper on every cast! It was a blast!! I thought redFISH could fight... they are a joke compared to red snapper lol You could see 30 foot down at least and the fish were everywhere. Even got to hook into a few lings and play with a HUGE sea turtle that my dad hooked four times on accident. That thing was FAST. Anyways, it was an awesome trip and I'd love to go out there again, and it only cost us around 40 bucks a person. :D

Thanks again Andre, ;)
Jeremy P.

SULPHITE
07-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Sounded like a great trip...love offshore you can have some fun on light tackle and not knowing what you'll catch is the neat part...

jpeff31787
07-01-2009, 02:18 PM
definitely man.. thats the whole reason i got addicted to saltwater fishing.. You really never know what you are going to catch. And all the fish fight really hard lol

cmdrost
07-01-2009, 03:16 PM
sounds like a good trip!

How do you "accidentally" hook a sea turtle 4 times??? haha

LaAngler
07-01-2009, 03:55 PM
i'm guessing the ling were under the turtle?

jpeff31787
07-07-2009, 07:45 AM
The turtle was really really fast and whenever we'd drop our line.. I guess he'd spot it! Don't worry though the turtle left with no harm or hooks in him. And one ling was under the turtle.