PDA

View Full Version : Sat & Sun eve Tensas Parish Dove hunt.

wtretrievers
09-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Pretty good weekend, Low temps were in the low 60's & were worried it would push the birds out, not the case, at 4:30 Sat eve it was insane in field! Birds coming from every direction, my freaking neck is sore, felt a hoot owl!!!! Sunday eve wasn't as fast & furious but still managed a good mess, over the the 2 evening hunts Me, backwards kids mom & the boys ended up with around 130 birds. Not to bad. Gawd the weather was nice!

wtretrievers
09-06-2010, 02:16 PM
The boys with a Saturday eve limit

Micah
09-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Nice!!!!!

The weather was awesome this weekend.....its nice when you can shoot some birds in September and not sweat to death.

PUREBAY2200
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Job well done!!

BayBolt23
09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Nice!!!!

wtretrievers
09-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Nice!!!!!

The weather was awesome this weekend.....its nice when you can shoot some birds in September and not sweat to death.
Yes in deed!!!!

I didn't bring my dog cause I knew it would be fast & didn't want to hurt him in the heat........Sure wish he was with me it was nice:pissed: We knocked down several birds in a ditch & across it that we couldn't find:pissed: Weather was perfect.

LaAngler
09-06-2010, 10:13 PM
i bet that was a blast! ;)

meaux fishing
09-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes in deed!!!!

I didn't bring my dog cause I knew it would be fast & didn't want to hurt him in the heat........Sure wish he was with me it was nice:pissed: We knocked down several birds in a ditch & across it that we couldn't find:pissed: Weather was perfect.
Yeah the weather was amazing sounds like yall had a great weekend.
my friend brought his dog and he made his first retrieve... it was pretty cool to watch the progression of him learning to go get em an bring em back. He even retrieved a bird we didnt kill. I shot and missed and the dog jumps in the tall grass and come back with a bird. I said we need to train him to do that more often:rotfl:

Wackin n stakin
09-21-2010, 01:27 PM
nice!!!!