PDA

View Full Version : engine flush on rancher 350

Hebert
10-28-2010, 12:38 AM
I just bought a 04 honda rancher 350 today and looks like the guy never changed the oil :( what is the best engine flush for a ATV engine? I use seafoam in my outboards...not sure if it can be used on atv's though...

Micah
10-28-2010, 02:21 AM
I know you didnt say anything about water in your oil but i've always heard marvel mystery oil was good to flush the junk out.

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/can-am-service-bulletins-recalls-how/12332-swamped-quad-marvel-mystery-oil-engine-flushing-technique.html

Dink
10-28-2010, 06:16 AM
Ouch.....same oil that long is not good......Its not that hard to pull that engine apart and have a look at everything......I know I would......beats getting left on The trail......

aquaholic78
10-28-2010, 08:56 PM
04 isnt that old. dont make too big a problem out of it. id just change the oil a few times for about a month or so. new filters each time. its been my experience to start with the little things before jumping into the bigger more expensive things dude

Hebert
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
yea I dont think its mess it up too bad... the guy I got it from confirmed he has never changed the oil since he got it...hes a old guy that just used it around his house...never dogged it or put it in mud,stored inside...he said it dont have many hours on it....i changed the oil last night and went rode it today....runs great.

I just want to clean the sludge out of it before it does damage..i'm gonna do a compression check on it tommorow and then put some seafoam in it...

jldsc
10-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Just change the oil and filter a couple times and it should be fine...i defininently would not put any additives in the oil because the centrifugal clutch and main clutches dont like additives. Put you some castrol 20/50, run it and drain it a couple times then put a fresh filter with the honda oil or a Maxima 4 in 20/50 and that thing should be fine...the oil filter should do all the work.